Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Short trip to Bastogne

Article about: Dear all, Today we made a short trip to Bastogne (admittedly which is not too far away from our home). The town has been decorated for Christmas and for the 70th anniversary and commemoratio

Default Short trip to Bastogne

Dear all,

Today we made a short trip to snowy Bastogne (admittedly which is not too far away from our home). The town has been decorated for Christmas and for the 70th anniversary and commemoration of the Battle of the Bulge. There are a lot of cafes, restaurants and shops (even the bank too) which have decorated their shop windows with drawings of the GIs and the 101st airborne and Patton in particular, with drawings of the Stars and Stripes, "Nuts" and "Thank you". The wine and beer shop has a (probably battle damaged) US steel helmet and some other equipment behind his window, a fashion store a model of an US howitzer. Very impressive. The fight and sacrifice for liberation is not forgotten.

With best wishes
    alter musketier

Some impressions:

Short trip to Bastogne

Short trip to Bastogne

Short trip to Bastogne

Short trip to Bastogne

Short trip to Bastogne

Short trip to Bastogne

Short trip to Bastogne

Short trip to Bastogne
    Last edited by Alter Musketier; 01-03-2015 at 11:19 AM.
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917