Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Sobroan Barracks Lincolnshire UK

Article about: Hello everybody this a remote thread seeing that I am in the Middle East & my daughter ran & just took these photos for me. Long story short I was around the daughters house back in

?

Default Sobroan Barracks Lincolnshire UK

Hello everybody this a remote thread seeing that I am in the Middle East & my daughter ran & just took these photos for me. Long story short I was around the daughters house back in Feb & I went out for a walk I don't know Lincoln very well but I found this park which about 500 metres from the daughters house. I had a look around & found this infomation board all about the Lincolnshire Regiment.. & interesting it is too & the best thing it hasn't been damaged by kids & druggies. The info board stands in the grounds of an old barracks so if you look closely you can still see bits of the camp.So enjoy the pictures & learn more about the Lincolnshire Regiment.. Cheers Terry.Sobroan Barracks Lincolnshire UKSobroan Barracks Lincolnshire UKSobroan Barracks Lincolnshire UKSobroan Barracks Lincolnshire UKSobroan Barracks Lincolnshire UKSobroan Barracks Lincolnshire UK Sobroan Barracks Lincolnshire UKSobroan Barracks Lincolnshire UKSobroan Barracks Lincolnshire UKSobroan Barracks Lincolnshire UK

?

Your young 'uns done you proud with those pic's Terry, and nice to see that they've not been damaged/defaced by the local two legged wildlife.

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

?

She has done Ian, The daughter said she was bored & needed a walk so I pointed her in that direction..it is a nice place to visit I will go back again one day. & yes the duty scum haven't defaced it yet!!!! Cheers Terry.

I did my work experience at the Barracks back in the nineties when it was TA regt for the Poachers.

Just down the road is the Lincolnshire Life museum. They have some manequins made up through the life of The Lincolnshire Regiment (up to Northern Ireland). There is also a ww1 tank that was captured by the Germans, a German artillery piece captured during the Battle of the Marne (1914) as well as a Japanese anti tank gun captured by the regiment in Burma. There is also a nice ww1 trench set up. The Museum is set in the old barracks before it moved to Sobaron. It is well worth a look and it is free.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sobroan Barracks Lincolnshire UK  

You local guys will be able to give us a report on this when it's unveiled in the next few weeks!

BBC News - Lincoln World War One tank monument: More details revealed

Shame it ain't a real one...
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Dave I visited that museum back in Feb & I thought it was top dollar, some lovely medals on display & like you say it is free bar a little donation!.I will be going back without a shadow of a doubt with my decent camera not the daughters phone!!. & Ned I will keep my mince pies peeled for that tank. Won't take long before some gonad drive his car through though!!!. Cheers Terry.