Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The Staffordshire Regt Museum

Article about: Thanks for posting these pics Ade, the last time I went there was 1991, I did myu training at Whittington Bks (next door to the Museum) before joining 1 Staffords. I don't remember Major Cai

Default The Staffordshire Regt Museum

Hi Guys, this is another local Regimental Museum for me, being in the next county of Staffordshire.

The Staffordshire Regiment Museum

The museum has a replica WW1 trench outside. Here is a shot of that taken when I was last there with some WW1 re-enactor friends.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Staffordshire Regt Museum   The Staffordshire Regt Museum  

The Staffordshire Regt Museum   The Staffordshire Regt Museum  

Default Re: The Staffordshire Regt Museum

Outside there are several vehicles captured in the Gulf War, but these are really not one of my interests and I did not take any pics, so we will go inside.

Now this is what I am into. The battle of Arnhem. Here we see Major Cain VC's Camo Denison smock and a Red beret
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Staffordshire Regt Museum   The Staffordshire Regt Museum  

Slouch hat and US rations pack from the Far East Campaign in WW2.

The county had two Regts. The South and North Staffs.

Since WW2 these have been combined into one Regt.

Once again, only last year, the Regt has been combined with four others to form the Mercian Regiment.

Thompson M1928 and a Sten MkIII with an unusual canvas handguard and white line aiming stripe

WW2 Far East Jungle green uniform, A/B soldier with Denison smock and a regular "Tommy" in BD.

This display shows the uniforms worn by the two Regts in WW2.

Rare Sten MkI. Sadly they would not let me bring this one home

WW2 tinned rations and "Mills bomb" hand grenade.

I collect ration tins and the green late war tins are hard to find.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Staffordshire Regt Museum  

WW1 German souvenirs brought home by members of the Regt

The rest of this WW1 display with Lewis gun.

I always fancied having a Lewis gun for my collection.

More of the WW2 display, which I have shown parts of earlier.

More WW2 items from the Far East campaign
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Staffordshire Regt Museum  

Here are some of the medal groups on display.

The next two show two of the Regt most famous VC's won at Arnhem. The VC's are replicas, as the real ones are in a bank vault.

Former North Staffs Regt standard.

The Boer war display

My final photo shows items from the 1800's.

There is much more to see in this small, but well laid out museum. There are many earlier items, Regtimental silver, red coats etc plus modern items from tours of Northern Ireland, the Gulf wars, etc.

Anyway hope you have enjoyed this little tour?

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast