Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Study Abroad in Berlin

Article about: Jewish cemetery in Berlin That's it for now. Please let me know if anyone has any questions!

Default Re: Study Abroad in Berlin

Jewish cemetery in Berlin

That's it for now. Please let me know if anyone has any questions!

Amazing pics !! Berlin is a fascinating place, I was there in 1981, it looks like it has changed a bit since then !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

farahnaz783
    ?

your berlin adventure trip was amazing and full of entertainment and really i enjoy its all picture but the thing is i am also going Berlin for the Study abroad purpose, my visa has been confirmed and my flight is on next saturday so these info are also useful for me and i hope its study standard will also be high....

Hey, Joe !

Love these trip photos. Especially the Museum - those early rifles (Mauser ?)
    and the M16 helmet forming process. Looks like they could use
    some more Allied kit.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Very nice man! I spent the summer of 2009 living in Berlin with my uncle, and I went to most of these places. Half of our pictures or interchangeable. lol

The church in the first couple of pictures is the Kaiser-Wilhelm-Gedaechtniskirche, and the graffiti is a name. I can't tell exactly what the first one is, but the last name is 'Makarov'.

Thanks for the kind words, guys!

It really was an amazing trip, and I hope to go back sometime soon... I'd love to visit other WW2 battlefields across Europe as well.

For me, it was amazing to think about the drama that took place on those streets as I walked through Berlin... allied bombings, street fighting between Germans and Soviets, and then later the events of the Cold War.

The older looking gentleman in the pictures was my professor at the time... an odd fellow (the way he sprinted back and forth from monument to monument literally made me laugh out loud), but a great guy. He is fluent in German, and knows Berlin like the back of his hand. For example, we would be standing at a random intersection and he could go on and on like an encyclopedia about what happened at that specific spot throughout history!

Perhaps the funniest thing about the trip was when our professor led us into the old Luna Park. I'm not sure if the professor realized it or not... but the land which once held the Luna Park is now a favorite spot for nude sun bathers!

Fantastic photos mate, I hope to visit Berlin myself eventually.

Thanks guys!

I have a ton more pics... here's a link to the first album on facebook. Even if you do not have a facebook account, you can look thru the pics!

On this day, we expored he main street our first hotel was on, saw the Kaiser-Wilhelm church, went into KaDeWe (not sure i spelled that right) giant department store, and SAW THE LUNA PARK NUDE SUN BATHERS!

BERLIN DAY 1 | Facebook

Hopefully this link lets you view the other albums as well. If not, I'll post up some more links later.

nice pics ...thanks to share

Wow, blast from the past! Thanks for taking a look!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast