Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Trafalgar Cemetery Gibraltar

Article about: I have just returned from a short trip to Gibraltar, I have now visited a few times and I always enjoy it, they are more British than we are ! Visited the Trafalgar Cemetery, I thought I wou

Default Trafalgar Cemetery Gibraltar

I have just returned from a short trip to Gibraltar, I have now visited a few times and I always enjoy it, they are more British than we are !

Visited the Trafalgar Cemetery, I thought I would show a few pictures

More information here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trafalgar_Cemetery

Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Trafalgar Cemetery Gibraltar   Trafalgar Cemetery Gibraltar  

Trafalgar Cemetery Gibraltar   Trafalgar Cemetery Gibraltar  

Trafalgar Cemetery Gibraltar  
    Last edited by HistoryMan; 05-11-2016 at 09:19 PM.

Very interesting, I often visit old burial grounds on my travels and an old military burial place is even better. I must try and get to Gib one day.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Very interesting, I often visit old burial grounds on my travels and an old military burial place is even better. I must try and get to Gib one day.
    You should try and get over Jerry, is a very interesting place, full of British history, the Siege Tunnels were a favourite of mine, I visited them last time I was there.

A guy I worked with until recently, his father was stationed there in WW2 digging the tunnels and chambers to store fresh water, he had some great pictures

?

Very interesting and good to see it appears well presented.

Thank you for posting.

Carl

I used to be based there for 2 & a half years! One of the best postings I ever had - and spent more than enough time in the pub where those paintings are in Casemates Square (and the one next to the Traf Cemetery. And the ones in between!!)

Quote by hucks216 View Post
    I used to be based there for 2 & a half years! One of the best postings I ever had - and spent more than enough time in the pub where those paintings are in Casemates Square (and the one next to the Traf Cemetery. And the ones in between!!)
    Yes I can understand, I love the place, and I do know the pubs you speak of, spent too much time in them this trip, the weather was not too good ! haha

Here is the man himself !

Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Trafalgar Cemetery Gibraltar