Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium

Article about: In july 2011 I did a nice trip to Bastogne to remember The Battle of The Bulge.....here my photo's.... Little town Foy near Bastogne - The same farm in 1944 on your right German military cem

Default trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium

In july 2011 I did a nice trip to Bastogne to remember The Battle of The Bulge.....here my photo's....

Little town Foy near Bastogne -

The same farm in 1944 on your right

trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium

German military cemetery in Recogne from The Battle of the Bulge....

trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium

Monument for the american soldiers in Foy

trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium

Fox Holes in " Bois Jacques " near Bastogne

trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium

Monument near " Bois Jacques " for the 506 th P.I.R. 101 th Airborne Division Easy Compagny " Band of Brothers " who died there - with special thanks for that monument for Tom Hanks

trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium

Bunker near Assenois

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Same place, different year.....[/FONT]

trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium

The Beech Tree of Chaumont. A Remaining Witness of the Battle of the Bulge link = De Beuk van Chaumont - The Beech Tree of Chaumont, A Remaining Witness of the 'Battle of the Bulge'

trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium

Farm Materne in Chaumont - Silent current witnesses of a very fierce battle, now 68 yaers ago.......

trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium

Near Chaumont a park named to General Irzyk

Victory monument in Clochimont near Assenois

4md
    ?

Default Re: trip to Bastogne ( battle of the Bulge ) - Belgium

excellent thread, i like your then and now photos, very well done

regards Paul

Excellent depiction Poele. Thank you for keeping this specific battle in history alive. Great then and now photos!! Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks for sharing the photos. The comparisons about old and new photos are awesome.

Great thread!! I also like the before and after pics, great work mate. I must get there one day.

Reminds me of something I read last night while browsing for helmets. German lid collectors will know the name of Ken Niewiarowicz pretty well, for others he wrote one of the best research books on the subject and runs the website Germanhelmetsinc.com

Anyway, his Father was a bulge veteran with the US Army. To cut a long story short somebody found his Dad's engraved mess tin cup in the forest and got in touch through the helmet site. Very cool and worth a read, it is not a long article.

35div

Excellent report. I know how time-consuming it is to match up 'After The Battle' style photos and you have really done well. Many thanks for posting.

Regards

Martin

?

Really like these ATB inspired before-and-after pics.
    Interesting. Thanks for posting.

Great shots and stories, a place i must visit.

?

Many thanks - got this on my list

?

Excellent photos & thank you posting them. Cheers Terry.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast