Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

U-534

Article about: Hello Ladies & Gents today I visited with my good lady U-534 in Birkenhead..I have never seen a U-boat before so as we up that end of the world I thought sod it lets take a look. Now the

?

Paul I don't think it was the tight spaces more to do with the smell..lol..Not good at all I shouldn't think?.. & thank you for the info on this place it was a good few hours well spent.. Cheers Terry.

Dead right, i don't think diesel, sweat and sewage would be a very good mix!..

?

Plenty of use for 4711

very cool pics, thanks for sharing

?

Great to see this thread & your pics Terry! I visited this place years ago, Before they chopped it and I was surprised at the way it looked like it was just dumped, Propped up on some scrap and behind a fence left to rust once more as people walked by it to get in the Museum, So its good to see they have been inventive with it and made it more of a exhibition to go and see. I have no excuse being only a short drive away, So will have to get down again soon for another visit! Cheers, Sean.

?

Cheers Guys for the comments. Sean you should go down you are spitting distance from there & it is worth a visit. I learnt a lot whilst I was there so I was happy with that. Cheers Terry.

?

Thx for posting these pics my friend, Aly is looking lovely
    Ive been in its larger Bro in Germany, kind of impressive

Cheers,
    Ger

?

Thanks Mr H I would love to see the other U-boat sometime..It is just a matter of when???....Catch up Friday. Cheers Terry.

Cutting up may actually have saved it as I heard the alternative was to scrap it. Isn't this the one that had a programme made about it also?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast