Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

U-534

Article about: Hello Ladies & Gents today I visited with my good lady U-534 in Birkenhead..I have never seen a U-boat before so as we up that end of the world I thought sod it lets take a look. Now the

Outstanding model Steve ! it should be quite impressive on the water ! should send a few shivers up the spine of other boaters !
    As I live in Warrington, give me a pm if you require any help launching her !
    Prost ! Steve.

I'm afraid it will probably be next year now, but you are always welcome to come and see her.

?

Quote by oradour View Post
    it should be quite impressive on the water ! should send a few shivers up the spine of other boaters !
    When the owners of the other boats in the pond suddenly hear the theme from 'Jaws,' they'll know, that Harry is stalking their puny crafts!

Gents, I was quite sickened by the cutting up of such an historical artifact, criminal damage it was ! ..........I like many of you had, I donned the white disposable "J" suits with my son and we went from bow to stern when it was at the "Warships of Birkenhead" site, a wonderful visit, indeed I made trips out on my Harley several times to see it, it was an impressive site, despite her forlorn looks.......It IMO should of been floated down the ship canal to the Imperial War Museum North for display !
    Prost ! Steve.

I would imagine not many of these left......I have the T-Shirt as well, somewhere !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture U-534  

Oh my god - white J suits, you were lucky! we got bu**er all! My daughter went down the rear torpedo loading hatch in her best jacket and skirt. She didn't quite get the hang of holding the grab rail and swinging both legs through the bulkheads in proper 'das Boot' fashion either...

I went to see her on a cold January day, frozen to the bone but by gum it was worth it!

I shivered all the way back to Yorkshire though !
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

My son thought the "mug" was his when he left home.............what a mistaka to maka !
    He still tries to claim it every time he visits !
    Prost ! Steve.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6