Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Village of Beek, Holland : then & now

Article about: The Reichswald is very well known...and totally off limits due to a crap load of no good for nothing detector users (no I am not saying everyone, as I dig myself. Only the ones that dig illi

Default Re: Village of Beek, Holland : then & now

Yes, please post your pic here. That would be great!

Cheers, Ade.

Great thread, dont know how I missed this !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

great thread. i like this ''then-now'' photos

nice...

Great thread, Ade!

Regards

Merkus
    ?

nice pictures of Beek, the place I was born in 1971. Only the one of the townhall I already knew from my father's collection.
    And indeed the Reichswald Cemetery is worth a visit. Well maintained, very respectfull designed, many flowers. Even a lot of German people come to take a look there. I Always talk to the guys laying there who gave their lives for the free country I now live in.
    Now look further I am interested in more details regarding Hill 75.9 AKA Duivelsberg (Devils hill). I played a lot there in the Woods, then not knowing what all happened there during the war. On the acres we kids found a lot of bullets, shells and even helmets. We already figured something big had happened but older people did not talk too much about the war during those days... especially not to kids.
    Thanks Adrian for the nice pictures you shared.

Hi Merkus, welcome to the forum!

I have a great affection for your village.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Great 'before and after' pics, Ade.

Ive been a nutter for these ever since I picked up my first copy of 'After The Battle' years ago.

Disey150
    ?

Hello Jase147, I was thrilled to see this photo, my Grandad is second on the left, sitting on the front of the tank. Apparently he received a shrapnel wound during the D day Landings, but recovered and returned to join his regiment and awarded his medal for crossing Germany, as all the brave men in this photo would have done. Thank you for posting this wonderful picture.

?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Its a shame Ade, when I was there I had no interest in collecting militaria, just beer and women (I suppose typical soldier)
    I second that Ben..I was in Paderborn & Werl both very nice places..Wewelsburg Castle is a stones thrown from Paderborn I'm kicking myself now..because I spent my youth hammered... lol Cheers Terry.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast