Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Visit to Kursk, The southern Salient.

Article about: As part of the series documenting my recent visit to the battlefields of Russia. The following are a few brief photo's from my visit to the southern attack of the Kursk salient. We followed

Hi Paul,Would be interested as to what you consider to be the old version then I would be placed to give a fuller answer. That said the information given during the trip appeared to be based on both up to date sources and his own research so I would be surprised if he just regurgitated old out of date historiography.

?

Basically what is discussed in this thread Robin , i'm certain that someone of Bob's status would have covered it as it really happened , but was wondering !

- - ------- - -

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/discussions/blood-steel-myth-ii-ss-panzer-korps-road-prochorowka-162732/
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Hi Paul, I will take a look at my notes and put together a reply thats not too long.

great Thread Robin. Looks like you are having a great trip.
    Maybe someday I will be able to see these great areas.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Hi Paul,

Just had a chance to read your synopsis of the battle and can confirm that this is pretty much the line taken by Bob, As stated Totenkopf were to the left of Lah and making heavy progress close to the river whilst Das Reich who were to the right of Lah and the other side of the railway embankment. From what I recall Lah when aware of 5 Guards army approaching were virtually stationary on Ribbentrop ridge and used the ridge to fire and manouver where they met the full force of 5 Guards army who charged their position broke through and during the mellee that followed suffered huge losses. Totenkopf and Das Reich were barely engaged .

Great photos.Thank you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2