Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Visiting the German Military Cemetery, UK.

Article about: very interesting Ade , i never knew about this cemetry ! ps. a striking family resemblence there in connor i bet he loves it in your collecting room cheers Al

?

Default Re: Visiting the German Military Cemetery, UK.

very interesting Ade , i never knew about this cemetry !

ps. a striking family resemblence there in connor i bet he loves it in your collecting room

cheers Al

More
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Visiting the German Military Cemetery, UK.   Visiting the German Military Cemetery, UK.  

Visiting the German Military Cemetery, UK.   Visiting the German Military Cemetery, UK.  

Hi Al, is it a beautiful place. Very peaceful. And as you can see it is well maintained.

Connor is heir to my collection. He calls no longer calls it "Grandad's room" but "Our room" Naturally he is really interested as he has grown up surrounded by militaria. Some might say I have brainwashed him

?

it looks beautifully maintained , and in a lovely location Ade ,

cheers Al

?

sorry Ade , our posts crossed . If connor takes in half of your knowledge in the coming years , he`ll be on here moderating

cheers Al

These are 4 Luftwaffe airmen I was asked to find by a fellow re-enactor who lives in Scotland. He had visited the bomber's crash site, a Ju88, and wished to see their final resting place. I have now added his two photos showing the crash site marker.

As you can see, the gravestones gives details of name, rank, date of birth and death. (Where known) Crews are kept together and lie side by side.

Al, he would love that!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Visiting the German Military Cemetery, UK.   Visiting the German Military Cemetery, UK.  

Visiting the German Military Cemetery, UK.   Visiting the German Military Cemetery, UK.  

Final few pics of some more aircrew graves requested by forum friend Don B.

Photos by Connor.

Cheers, Ade.

?

great pics Ade, i think Paul hartmann the ss soldier who got shot dead at glen mill pow camp is buried there , rgds Dave

Great Pics Ade, thanks for sharing these great pics. The little man will be a another to carry on. He also takes pretty good pics already.

Regards, Steve

Rick
    ?

Thanks for taking the time to post Ade, very interesting.

Regards
    Rick

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast