Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Visiting Hambye basse Normandy in September

Article about: I am visiting and stopping just outside of Hambye Basse Normandy in September are there any places worth vising locally or does anyone knoe the history of the area...We are driving across fr

Default Visiting Hambye basse Normandy in September

I am visiting and stopping just outside of Hambye Basse Normandy in September are there any places worth vising locally or does anyone knoe the history of the area...We are driving across from Calais on the Motorway and will be going over the big and very impressive bridge (Euro bridge) near honfleur?
    We did the Omaha thing a few years ago so didn't want to travel that far but we are looking for military/historical places within an hour or so of Hambye, also would like to pick up a few military and other antiques/collectables so any fairs /brocantes in the area would be great.

?

Default Re: Visiting Hambye basse Normandy in September

I don't know of any specifics in that area but you're not far away from the sites of the Normandy campaign. St. Lo will be worth a visit as well as Avranches. There is lots to see at Bayeux which isn't too far away and the journey there will be a pleasant one through the countryside.
    I'm more familiar with the northern part of Normandy but I'll see what I can dig up for you.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....