Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

War Memorials

Article about: Here are some of the Pozieres Cemetery and Memorial also on the Somme again, taken last autumn...... The walls surrounding the cemetery are covered with the names of those who are missing.

Three of the War Memorials that are located near to me which I pass on a regular basis and today I finally made apoint of stopping and taking some pictures. They are located in llanwrda, Cwmann and Lampeter.

Interestingly the Cwmann memorial has the motto of the Welch regiment, better death than dishonour, Gwell Angau Na Chywilydd in Welsh at the top.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture War Memorials   War Memorials  

War Memorials   War Memorials  

War Memorials  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Just came across this thread so dug out some photos I have.

First up are a couple of my old local memorials before I was banished to N. Europe. Although I shouldn’t really complain because I’m only 800km away from where I’m originally from, but I do at every given opportunity.

Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture War Memorials   War Memorials  

?

In Wellington but not a very good pic.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture War Memorials  

?

Next is the local memorial where I grew up, my grandad and his dad are in the black and white picture.

?

The Menin Gate shortly after the Germans moved in – can’t find my modern pics.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture War Memorials  

?

Thiepval in 1940 (flags have been taken down) and a recent photo.

?

Ginchy, la Mort Homme and Villers Bretonneux.

Tony

jwp
    ?

My village war memorial in north yorkshire, restored in 2012, the ww1 casualty Walker Parker is my grandmother's brother.
    John.

War MemorialsWar MemorialsWar Memorials

The Great war memorial in Carmarthen town, which also includes additions to cover the fallen from WWII and Korea.

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I live in a small town out of Sydney and I was happy to come across a small memorial near an old church local to me.
    On the one side there are the FOUR local men who sacrificed all in the great war and on the opposite is a plaque to the FIVE who did the same in WW2.

Nine men who a tiny rural community thought so much of that they erected this obelisk to their memory...... are we in the 21st century REALLY a better people than them? .... In a world going mad, sometimes I wonder .

Dan

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast