Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

War Memorials

Article about: Here are some of the Pozieres Cemetery and Memorial also on the Somme again, taken last autumn...... The walls surrounding the cemetery are covered with the names of those who are missing.

Malta .Apologies if these have been seen before.

Fort St Elmo, Regia Aeronautica Bomb Memorial.

Cheers Mike

I do not know why this and my later posted lay down ! Anyone ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture War Memorials  
    Last edited by VERSUCH; 06-24-2019 at 04:53 AM.

Malta, Upper Barrakka .Various memorials.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture War Memorials   War Memorials  

War Memorials   War Memorials  

War Memorials  

Royal Malta Artillery Memorial WWII ,at Floriana Malta.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture War Memorials   War Memorials  

Paris Pere Lachaise Cemetary, Jacqueline Giraud 1924-2003, despite a quick google I cannot find much about her..anyone able to help ?

Paris,Adjutant Ludovic Jacquinot

Translation, In This House Adjutant Ludovic Jacquinot One of the Group of Angels Fell Gloriously on August 26 1944.

Again I cannot find any specific details.

Cheers Mike

Fricourt German WWI Cemetery ,France.

Located on the Pozieres road.

Cheers Mike

War Memorials  

?

Default Lashenden Air Warfare Museum

I recently visited Lashenden Air Warfare Museum at Lashenden Airfield in Kent, southeast England.

A few weeks before I had come across a very small memorial plaque in the Kent village of Westbere. The memorial is Dedicated to two RAF pilots who lost there lives in the skies above Kent during the long summer of 1940.

War Memorials

As I was engrossed in the exhibits of the museum and reading the details of various aircraft remains I stumbled on Flying Officer Franciszek Gruszka

War Memorials

This lead me to look for Pilot Officer John Bland and after a long search, I also found his details as well.

War Memorials

When I took the photograph of the Memorial in Westbere that day I had little thought that I would then stumble on a museum that would put faces to those engraved names.

I spent quite a bit of time there that day and will be visiting again once the world starts to return to normal following Covid-19.

The museum is filled with an amazing wealth of exhibits, aircraft engines and parts all excavated from crash sites. And on a good summers day you may even see the two seat Spitfire MK IX 'Elizabeth' taking to the skies over Kent.

The collection has British, German & American aircraft engines, as well as parts of the first Me109 to crash in England during World War 2. There is also a large section of fuselage from Me109 W/Nr 3737 the personnel aircraft of German “Ace” Werner Molders that blew up over Marden in 1940. There are also hundreds of parts of Spitfires, Hurricanes and American aircraft with the details of the pilots that flew them.

Another main attraction of the museum is one of only 6 Fieseler Fi 103R4 Reichenberg Piloted V1 Flying Bomb which is a must see if you get the chance.

Home - A WebsiteBuilder Website

I'd like to dedicate this post to Flying Officer Franciszek Gruszka & Pilot Officer John Bland and the 'FEW' who never returned home.
    Wilko

Hello Wilko,

Many thanks for your post, I sincerely hope that you do not mind me posting a few more photographs of Franciszek Gruszka.

War Memorials

Ppor pil Franciszek Gruszka pre 1939 in Poland

War Memorials

Franciszek Gruszka Funeral in 1975

War Memorials

War Memorials

2 photographs of Franciszek Gruszka grave at Northwood Cemetery.

War Memorials

Photograph of the Memorial plaque to both Pilots,

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Thank you Andrzej for the extra photos of Franciszek Gruszka and his funeral and grave stone.
    Ken

?

Since its Memorial Day I'm sharing the memorial at my university that's dedicated to Alumni/students that died during the Vietnam War. Every year until now due to the epidemic the Schools religous body would hold a prayer for these individuals and everyone who laid down their life for Freedom

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast