Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

War Memorials

Article about: Here are some of the Pozieres Cemetery and Memorial also on the Somme again, taken last autumn...... The walls surrounding the cemetery are covered with the names of those who are missing.

?

Default Re: War Memorials

More images taken at Lidice, including the execution wall.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture War Memorials   War Memorials  

War Memorials   War Memorials  

War Memorials  

Some memorials from a trip to Scotland. Top one is at Stirling Castle and the other three are at Edinburgh Castle.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture War Memorials   War Memorials  

War Memorials  
    Last edited by Jerry B; 10-21-2012 at 10:47 AM.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Some images taken at the memorial museums of KZ Buchenwald, KZ Gross-Rosen and KZ Flossenburg sub-camp Holleischen.

The image from Buchenwald was taken in the crematoria building, and displays various plaques commemorating the different nationalities of those who died at the camp.

The memorials at Gross-Rosen are beautifully kept, as can be seen in the images attached which include a wonderful, yet haunting piece of stained glass work, the memorial tree pictured next to the reconstructed crematoria facility and a large commemorative stone set next to the nearby quarry where prisoners worked.

Holýšov is the location of the former camp and munitions factory MWH. Although the site is not widely known, there are two remembrance marks at the former entrance to the camp. The final image shows a memorial at the former MWH site. The statement seen on the wall is regarding fascism, what it stands for and that it should never be forgotten.

This is the War Memorial in Station Road Codsall, the village where I was born and lived for over 30 years. It is at the top of the road where I lived on and off from my birth until I was 17.

The house behind on the right of picture is the old Police station, and next to that out of shot is the railway station.

Many of the names from both wars are of families that still live in and around the village, some of those commemorated are RAF and RN, but the majority, especially those from the Great War, were members of the Staffordshire Regiment or South Staffs Regiment.

War MemorialsWar MemorialsWar MemorialsWar MemorialsWar Memorials
    Last edited by big ned; 10-05-2012 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Spelling correction, added info.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

A pic of me in 1980 at the Belsen memorial

Nick

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Here are some images from Sachsenhausen. I like to think of the camps as memorials in themselves but there are seperate memorials within.

War Memorials  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Here is similar at Dachau.

War Memorials  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Reg
    ?

Here's one of my favourites, its located just outside the Welsh Ass-embly government building in Cardiff to commemorate all the merchant seamen who were lost sailing from South Wales in WW2.

They are all very moving memorials gents.

?

Whilst enjoying a return trip to Berchtesgaden last week, I visited the site of Dietrich Eckart's grave. The other image shows the memorial in the beautiful village of Halstatt, in the Salzkammergut, which is often refered to as the most beautiful village in the world.

Regards,

Carl

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast