Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

War Museum Gold Coast Queensland

Article about: G'day All, A very difficult place to photograph, lots of displays unlit! any way here's some less than average shots I took the other day

Default War Museum Gold Coast Queensland

G'day All,

A very difficult place to photograph, lots of displays unlit! any way here's some less than average shots I took the other day

Ns pics, thanks für sharing! "Robbo´s Bitch" on the Huey...Lol.

I have to wonder if the British Free Corp tunic is actually genuine? If so, it would be a horrendously rare and valuable piece-even for a museum! Looks like a place someone could easily spend an entire day snooping around in and checking out the displays!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I used to go there every couple of months as a child with my father. Haven't been for about a year. Last time I went I was a little disappointed, they had sold a lot of the items off and weren't really maintaining the items they did have. Mould and mildew inside the cabinets and all over the items. Fair few replicas among original items but still a cool place to visit

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I have to wonder if the British Free Corp tunic is actually genuine? If so, it would be a horrendously rare and valuable piece-even for a museum!
    I noticed that piece as well. As far as i know there is no existing uniforms out there. So when/if a museum is starting to display replicas, then i automatically start to question many other non-ordinary items as well.

But for the ordinary man, this museum is top of the line. Many interesting trinkets, loads of information.

Yes there are lots of gap fillers, as for German items -- I don't blame the owner, the crime rate is high on the Gold Coast!!

Quote by Alex W View Post
    I used to go there every couple of months as a child with my father. Haven't been for about a year. Last time I went I was a little disappointed, they had sold a lot of the items off and weren't really maintaining the items they did have. Mould and mildew inside the cabinets and all over the items. Fair few replicas among original items but still a cool place to visit
    The place is in a sad state and it breaks my heart! A few of the displays I couldn't see until I saw my own pics