MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

War Museum Johannesberg RSA

Article about: G'day All Pictures are not so good- older camera and lots where taken by my not so interested nephew! Anyway Enjoy + We weren't allowed to take pictures there!!!!

hog
    ?

Man I practically lived in that place when I was at school, I remember the day that German 88 arrived and it was still in full working order, hiked there on the weekends from Rosettenville in the Southern suburbs, thanks for the memory recall.

A very nice museum, and there is definitely some very rare bits of kit among the exhibits.

Thank for taking your time to post all of these wonderful photoes!

No problem guys, I'm glad you enjoyed them

?

I'm glad this got bumped to the top. I missed it the first time around. Just a fantastic place with a great assortment of militaria and equipment. I also have to say I have a sweet spot for the ME262. That is the night fighter version. We had one that was on static display when I was stationed at NAS Willow Grove. The sad thing about it was when they got rid of the display it was crated up and then a gent bought and restored it and mentioned how it had a bunch of hole in the front nose so they patched it up. I about screamed an thought IT HAD RADAR ANTENNA'S they weren't just holes!!!!
    Thank Rene for those pic's
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 12-30-2014 at 05:23 AM.

?

Thanks for sharing that Rene ,what a Bloody Awesome Museum . I have seen the Aircraft from this collection before and it looks like they have been reconditioned again.

Greg

?

Nice. I wish i had half of what they have.

Cheers guys, the majority of these shots where taken back in '06

Quote by hog View Post
    Man I practically lived in that place when I was at school, I remember the day that German 88 arrived and it was still in full working order, hiked there on the weekends from Rosettenville in the Southern suburbs, thanks for the memory recall.
    Cheers Mate that would have quite a hike indeed, how long ago was that if I may ask?

MAP
    ?

Awesome is all I can say. But it did take me forever to scroll through this on my tablet. I think the picture quality is fantastic!

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

They were some AWESOME shot's. I would be walking around with a stinger and drooling all over those displays. Just fantastic items;. I could almost smell them!!!!!!!
    SF
    Phil

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast