Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

War Museum Johannesberg RSA

Article about: G'day All Pictures are not so good- older camera and lots where taken by my not so interested nephew! Anyway Enjoy + We weren't allowed to take pictures there!!!!

?

I was looking at this as well. How awesome to have seen all this. I have a itch to get back to Germany and see all the sites again. Just posted how great it would be to do a tour through the former 3rd reich.

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    They were some AWESOME shot's. I would be walking around with a stinger and drooling all over those displays. Just fantastic items;. I could almost smell them!!!!!!!
    SF
    Phil
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

hog
    ?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Cheers Mate that would have quite a hike indeed, how long ago was that if I may ask?
    A long time ago now, would have been about 1975-1979, I went to school at St Martins I used to be at the boarding school there and to break up the boredom of being a full time inmate I went to the museum, fascinated me no end, there was an exhibit of a tent set up with a bunk bed and kit spread out of an officer in the western desert, forget who now, fantastic.I dont think the boarding house realised how far I had travelled as my school was in the southern suburbs of JHB and the museum was in Saxonwold in the north. The zoo was right next door so it was the next stop on my well worn path.
    Fond memories indeed.

Quote by hog View Post
    A long time ago now, would have been about 1975-1979, I went to school at St Martins I used to be at the boarding school there and to break up the boredom of being a full time inmate I went to the museum, fascinated me no end, there was an exhibit of a tent set up with a bunk bed and kit spread out of an officer in the western desert, forget who now, fantastic.I dont think the boarding house realised how far I had travelled as my school was in the southern suburbs of JHB and the museum was in Saxonwold in the north. The zoo was right next door so it was the next stop on my well worn path.
    Fond memories indeed.
    Ahh it would have been a nice walk back then, shame it wouldn't be so now!

?

Great photos, thanks for sharing

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    I also have to say I have a sweet spot for the ME262.
    Phil, one feature I've always liked about them is the engine auxillary pull start with the little motor bike engine pilot motor.

Cheers, Willie.

bump

WOW, that is a fantastic place a whole lot of nice pictures too drool over
    Is the 109 on the pole a E model too?

I know they are not E models or ewen ``real´´ messerschmitt´s but it is such a ``killer´´ picture in more than one way
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture War Museum Johannesberg RSA  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3