Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 in Norway

Article about: I'm going to Norway for a week soon, just to relax and explore. I wonder if anyone could recommend any good War memorials, historical sites, battlefield tours and museums from World War Two.

?

Default WW2 in Norway

I'm going to Norway for a week soon, just to relax and explore. I wonder if anyone could recommend any good War memorials, historical sites, battlefield tours and museums from World War Two. Thanks!

Default Re: WW2 in Norway

When are you going and where are you going? I live in Hønefoss, about an hour from Oslo, I know of a couple things to do in Oslo and a couple things in Hønefoss, if you are going in the summer vacation, i will be in at my home place Toska(About 40-50 km North of Bergen).
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

?

Hey mate. I'm heading to Oslo! I think i will be going the 30:th january and i will be staying for 3-4 days. What kinda things can you see? Cheers!

Well, there is the "Akershus fortress" which is a huge museum, a lot of ww2 stuff in there. And the "Hjemmefrontsmuseum", it is not that big, but it shows a lot of history in the place about the resistance. And if you can, get over to "Oscarsborg fortress", i have heard there is a museum there, but i am not totally sure, the fortress played a huge role during the invasion of Norway. There is a militaria store in Oslo too if you are interested, it is called "Pentagon"( Google Maps ).
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Are you bringing a car with you or do you come by plane? I might be able to come to Oslo some day, but it depends which day, i know the 30th is a sunday and that is OK, but it is a bit hard for me to get to Oslo the other days of the week.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.

?

Thanks mate som great info! I had to re schedule my norway trip because a close family member is very Ill but hopefully i will go there in February. I'm going with Plain and staying at a youth hostel, would be great if you had a day and we could hit up some of the museums. Is all the museums and fortresses that you mentioned in Oslo? What is the prices in the military store, i have heard that stuff in Norway is super expensive! Cheers m8

All those museums that i mentioned are in Oslo, the prices in the militaria store is a bit above and below average, people come in and offer an item to them, they buy it and sell it for twice the price, but some items are cheaper than normal, and others are just a tiny bit above average. Let me know when you are coming.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.