Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Train carriages for sale

Article about: Hi, i was searching for military antiques on a website, and i found this, 2 German carriages for sale for a price of 30.000euros, it seems that during the 1930`s this luxury carriages used t

Default WW2 Train carriages for sale

Hi, i was searching for military antiques on a website, and i found this, 2 German carriages for sale for a price of 30.000euros, it seems that during the 1930`s this luxury carriages used to transport wealthy germans, and with the start of world war2, they served the highest ranking officers of the ss. About 20years ago they were brought to portugal for restauration and were later transformed into a bar. For many years they were parked near the Sintra train Station, and on 2001 they were transported and then parked in Terrugem where they remained until today.

Here a few photos of them.
    Best regards
    Nuno
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Train carriages for sale   WW2 Train carriages for sale  

WW2 Train carriages for sale   WW2 Train carriages for sale  

WW2 Train carriages for sale  

Default Re: WW2 Train carriages for sale

Thats pretty impressive. When I was stationed at Ft. Eustis Virgina for my initial school for the Army in the mid 90s, I liked to wander around the base a lot to see what I could find.

I came across a big open lot near the river and there was a random train car in the middle of it. When I walked out there closer I discovered it was burnt out (when I don't know). After closer inspection I could see the outline of an eagle and swastika on the side of the car.

To this day, I have no idea why it was there or whatever happened to it. I would have loved to know the history.

Mike

Update: Out of the blue I just contacted the museum at Ft Eustis and they said they used to own the personal train cars for both Hitler and Goering. For one reason or another back in the 50s or 60s they decided they "didn't need them anymore" but the curator didn't know why they got rid of them or where they went. My discovery showed that the one car was still on the fort possibly 40 years later but burnt to a crisp. They might have been taken away from the museum because someone might have torched them. Sad.
    Last edited by mmerc20; 04-09-2010 at 11:52 AM.

Sad

I'd sack the bricklayer...

Cheers, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.