Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

WWII in my city- Fliegerhorst Sorau, Wehrmacht Kaserne Sorau

Article about: Standort Sorau Many intresting places buldings, bunkers. See some photos........ On 2 first photos is Luftwaffe shoting range used to test Focke Wulf 190. And used by soldiers who served on

?

Default WWII in my city- Fliegerhorst Sorau, Wehrmacht Kaserne Sorau

Standort Sorau
    Many intresting places buldings, bunkers. See some photos........

On 2 first photos is Luftwaffe shoting range used to test Focke Wulf 190. And used by soldiers who served on the airport.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII in my city- Fliegerhorst Sorau, Wehrmacht Kaserne Sorau   WWII in my city- Fliegerhorst Sorau, Wehrmacht Kaserne Sorau  

Cool! This is in Poland now? There's one of those structures at the old Fliegerhorst in Mannheim/Sandhofen (Coleman Barracks) as well, identical!
    Thanks for the interesting photos!
    cheers, Glenn

?

Some bunkers used by airport guards.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII in my city- Fliegerhorst Sorau, Wehrmacht Kaserne Sorau   WWII in my city- Fliegerhorst Sorau, Wehrmacht Kaserne Sorau  

WWII in my city- Fliegerhorst Sorau, Wehrmacht Kaserne Sorau   WWII in my city- Fliegerhorst Sorau, Wehrmacht Kaserne Sorau  

WWII in my city- Fliegerhorst Sorau, Wehrmacht Kaserne Sorau   WWII in my city- Fliegerhorst Sorau, Wehrmacht Kaserne Sorau  

?

Some underground tunels and radar station.

MAP
    ?

Neat! We had one of these here in the US near where I lived. An old airbase where new bombers took off for there trip to England.

As a kid I used to go in and dig out 30 and 50 caliber bullets from the walls! Still have a jar full of them!!

M
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

2 mittelere flugmelde leite kompanie - Grabig. There are 2, Fu-Mg 65 Wurzburg Riese, 1 Fu-Mg 401 Freya LZ. And barracs.

WWII in my city- Fliegerhorst Sorau, Wehrmacht Kaserne Sorau  

?

WWI- memorial for fallen soldiers from Grabig.

?

Cemetery of soviet soldiers fallen in my city.

?

See the film of barracs in Sorau. It was used by polish army to 2001.

nice to see the memorial is still standing.