Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Zum Türken and Berghof

Article about: Also I've visited the hotel "Zum Turken" and the remnants of the Berghof, Hitler's villa. The hotel is still there because it's rebuild and restored to it's original form by the da

?

Default Zum Türken and Berghof

Also I've visited the hotel "Zum Turken" and the remnants of the Berghof, Hitler's villa. The hotel is still there because it's rebuild and restored to it's original form by the daughter of the first owner. At the entrance there's a stair downstairs that leads to the underground bunkers. The hotel was during the war occupied by the RSD or Reichs Sicherheidsdienst. Today it's a hotel again for alpinists. Very cool place to visit with a load of history.

The Berghof itself is totally gone. The German gouvernement had it blown up together with the Bormann house and Göring house, Platterhof and SS-kazernen. Only thing that's still there is a big concrete wall that was located at the east backside of the Berghof.
    I took a simple brick that I dug up a bit as souvenir. It's my original brick from Hitler's villa that I'm taking home.
    Please enjoy.

Zum Türken and BerghofZum Türken and BerghofZum Türken and BerghofZum Türken and BerghofZum Türken and BerghofZum Türken and BerghofZum Türken and BerghofZum Türken and BerghofZum Türken and BerghofZum Türken and BerghofZum Türken and BerghofZum Türken and BerghofZum Türken and BerghofZum Türken and BerghofZum Türken and BerghofZum Türken and BerghofZum Türken and BerghofZum Türken and BerghofZum Türken and BerghofZum Türken and BerghofZum Türken and BerghofZum Türken and BerghofZum Türken and BerghofZum Türken and BerghofZum Türken and Berghof

Default Re: Zum Türken and Berghof

Nice pictures ,thank you
    chris

hope its a success for her.

Interesting trip. Thanks for the photos.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

great trip..

Excellent stuff!

I've made numerous trips here and there is still quite a lot to see if you know where to look: Mooslahnerkopf Teehaus and the Overlook; Kampfhäusl, Gutshof and the massive Koksbunker and so on. If one wanders around the woods there are remains of the perimeter security fence with attendant Moll System pillboxes to be seen.

Regards

Martin