Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Mid-1950s MVD Major - Technical

Article about: Continuing my camera/photoimaging experimentation: Gymnasterka has nice padded shoulders and is made from thick woolen flannel. All the buttons have a maker's mark and a date of 55. The shou

Default Mid-1950s MVD Major - Technical

Continuing my camera/photoimaging experimentation:

Gymnasterka has nice padded shoulders and is made from thick woolen flannel. All the buttons have a maker's mark and a date of 55.

The shoulder boards are late 40s/early 50s type with 1954 pattern rank stars.

Pilotka is made from the exact same woolen flannel material as the Gymnasterka, and is stamped and dated as being made at Moscow's RED WARRIOR factory in 1953.

IMO, stuff does not have to be "wartime" to be cool & collectable...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mid-1950s MVD Major - Technical   Mid-1950s MVD Major - Technical  

Mid-1950s MVD Major - Technical   Mid-1950s MVD Major - Technical  

Mid-1950s MVD Major - Technical   Mid-1950s MVD Major - Technical  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mid-1950s MVD Major - Technical
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Mid-1950s MVD Major - Technical

I think Richie it's MGB technician. MVD red shoulderstraps as naval coastal artillery IMHO, but need to have the book about MVD, there good reproduction of the MVD uniforms and insignia order book.
    But why you think it's not a collectible items? I think 1950's items not a big difference between war time.

Quote by Dimas View Post
    But why you think it's not a collectible items? I think 1950's items not a big difference between war time.
    I believe that I am misunderstood a bit... I was trying to point out that IMO, post-war and 50s things are cool & collectable in the same degree as wartime stuff...

As far as terminology is concerned; I believe that after the war the name NKVD - People's Commissariat for Internal Affairs - was changed to MVD -Ministry of Internal Affairs. No?

However, I have heard of MGB, and of course KGB, but were they not part of MVD?

I suppose it is simply a generalisation on my part. But if you are able to locate a comprehensive break-down of the Internal Affairs / State Security organizations, I would be a great help.

I still impatiently await the second volume of Voronov's reference book just for this reason.

nice , very nice uniform ! what is the medal with red and yellow ribbon near the medal of victory over germany ??

For the Defense of Moscow
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Quote by RichieC View Post
    For the Defense of Moscow
    thank Richie ! i appreciate!

?

Richie, the material used on that pilotkas is exact as a war and pre-war gimnasterkas and pilotkas. I would say that your gimnasterka is circa 43-50 done, probably the buttons is by owner reapplied, and he just accuracy use it over a years. Imo, a greate and valuable example anyway
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics