Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Nkvd border guards furazhka , made in vladivostock

Article about: Heres my latest cap which is in high quality melton type wool . The maker is not familiar to me . its a large size 58. The date has been rubbed and i think it was 1949 but not sure . its qui

Default Nkvd border guards furazhka , made in vladivostock

Heres my latest cap which is in high quality melton type wool . The maker is not familiar to me . its a large size 58. The date has been rubbed and i think it was 1949 but not sure . its quite padded around the crown which i feel was a trend late and postwar though im speculating here . Is it possible to differentiate an early postwar cap from a wartime one ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nkvd border guards furazhka , made in vladivostock   Nkvd border guards furazhka , made in vladivostock  

Nkvd border guards furazhka , made in vladivostock   Nkvd border guards furazhka , made in vladivostock  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nkvd border guards furazhka , made in vladivostock
    P
    Many

Default Re: Nkvd border guards furazhka , made in vladivostock

Hello Rob!

The distress created on an ink-stamp has always drawn skepticism from me. Not necessarily to cover up a fake, but to create mystery as to giving it the "wartime" or "postwar" label.

IMO, this is a late 40s or early 50s cap going from what I have in my collection - comparing attributes - sweatband, markings, star-cockarde, and the lining. In any case, it is indeed the 1935 model, but this was manufactured well into the mid 50s. I believe there were subtle changes in the visor configuration in the late 40s. Show an image of the visor's upper surface just for conversation's sake.

It is still a nice cap IMO, and I would not dismiss it as anything questionable as far as total authenticity is concerned.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!