Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Small NKVD uniform collection

Article about: hi all, I'm pretty new to NKVD so I don't have a huge collection of NKVD stuff but I figured I could share what I do have #1 so this Kittel has an interesting story (in theory I should say)

Default Small NKVD uniform collection

hi all, I'm pretty new to NKVD so I don't have a huge collection of NKVD stuff but I figured I could share what I do have

#1 so this Kittel has an interesting story (in theory I should say) I purchased it from a man who claims to have to purchased it from the original recipients family in St. Petersburg in 1995. he claimed the officer was a colonel and was buried in his dress uniform, he purchased the Kittel and the daily wear tunic was not worth anything at that time so he left it behind. The guy also said he did not remember the original owners name however the order of the red star on the tunic was original to it and was on it when he bought it, all the other original awards had been sold (the ones in the picture minus the Order of the red star I added). I had the research done on the order of the red star out of curiosity which has a name but interesting enough it was awarded to a Guards unit Major in 1945, the star could have been moved but I don't know, anyway the Kittel itself appears to be an all good NKVD one. The pants he also claimed came from the same officer, this one i find a little doubtful however I will admit I know very little on pants, I will include pictures of them anyway

Small NKVD uniform collectionSmall NKVD uniform collectionSmall NKVD uniform collectionSmall NKVD uniform collectionSmall NKVD uniform collectionSmall NKVD uniform collectionSmall NKVD uniform collectionSmall NKVD uniform collectionSmall NKVD uniform collection

#2 I picked up this very nice parade tunic a little bit ago, it is post 48 as it has metal insignia instead of embroidered however it is still very nice, it has spaces for awards I have just not badged it up correctly yet, I need to find a way to restore the cuff bars as the blue backing is missing from both, but it doesn't detract too much

Small NKVD uniform collectionSmall NKVD uniform collectionSmall NKVD uniform collectionSmall NKVD uniform collectionSmall NKVD uniform collectionSmall NKVD uniform collectionSmall NKVD uniform collectionSmall NKVD uniform collectionSmall NKVD uniform collectionSmall NKVD uniform collection

#3 (Not pictured due to extraneous circumstances) this is a stripped NKVD officer overcoat, it has some moth damage but not too bad, I still need to add proper boards and collar tabs however

if anyone if curious to see better picture or more be sure to let me know

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Small NKVD uniform collection
    P
    Many

?

I love the double breasted mundir; very high on my own wish list.

I know NKVD had single and double breasted examples but would love to know who qualified for which type.

Sceptical on the breeches belonging to the kitel's owner because I think commissioned ranks ones should have piping - can't see any in the photo but maybe my eyes are just poor.

there is indeed no piping on the pants which is also why I'm skeptical as well, I did hear that sometimes they weren't piped and it was hit or miss but I do not know how accurate that is

Hello Richtofen,
    Congratulation for your finds. This type of breasted mundir os very hard to find. The shoulder boards are beautiful.
    In my opinion pants are good. It could be a prewar model but not for officer. Before 1943 NKVD's officers used dark blue pants with raspberry piping. After 1943 NKVD officer's pants are less dark with blue piping. I have 3 pants like that. Your Kittel can be used with kaki pants as a wargame model. But the mundir need blue pants with blue piping. Not easy to find but easiest than such a splendid mundir.

Regards.

Guy

thanks for the response! so with the pants my theory on those is the seller said they came from the family same as the uniform, they are in my opinion that is, possibly a pair of pre war or wartime pants the same officer had, during the war he was an Artillery officer eventually ending his army career as a major, he didnt appear to join the NKVD until 1946 or so which would also explain why the pants are a bit smaller than the usual pair that would go with a tunic of that size

It is always the same problem: difference between what the regularions says and what soldiers did during the WW2 on the east front. I have a huge collection of photos of frontoviks and officers during the WW2 because most of these photos show strange tunics, uncommon shoulder boards, prewar pants with M43 gymnasterka, sergents with officers belt, NKVD gymnasterka without fastened external pockets... War is not parade. I say that because it is sometimes useless to try to combine the "right" pieces. It si different with parade uniforms, in this case regulation is more strictly observed. Your pants are good, the kitel is good and the mundir is wonderfull. This week end I will show you an example of wartime parade NKVD pants and a postwar model for a mundir 1948. Regards

Hello to everybody

Thank you Richtofen for showing your Nkvd uniforms.

May I ask you better pictures of the pogonii, front and back sides? The picture attached is not entirely clear, but it seems to me they are 5 sided. Am I correct?

Best regards
    Gabriele

Hey, yea that photo wasn’t very great so I took more, they are six sided boards not 5

Small NKVD uniform collectionSmall NKVD uniform collectionSmall NKVD uniform collectionSmall NKVD uniform collectionSmall NKVD uniform collectionSmall NKVD uniform collectionSmall NKVD uniform collectionSmall NKVD uniform collectionSmall NKVD uniform collectionSmall NKVD uniform collectionSmall NKVD uniform collectionSmall NKVD uniform collectionSmall NKVD uniform collectionSmall NKVD uniform collectionSmall NKVD uniform collection

Default Some NKVD M43 pants

Hello,

These pants are in accordance to M43 NKVD regulation: dark blue pants piped in royal blue.

I have chosen 3 models:

First, wartime or early postwar: one central strap a the back

Second pants , postwar, perfect for 1948 Mundir : two side straps to tighten the pants

Third pants, service model, perfect to be worn with a Kitel

thank you for sharing those wonderful examples! i guess i still have some searching to do, well those and the hat!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast