Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1938 RLB Fuhrerdolch

Article about: Hi Guys, I bought this dagger on Monday. Only just had chance to take some pics due to the bad weather and leaving home in the dark and coming back in the dark. I don't think we have ever ha

Default 1938 RLB Fuhrerdolch

Hi Guys, I bought this dagger on Monday. Only just had chance to take some pics due to the bad weather and leaving home in the dark and coming back in the dark.

I don't think we have ever had one of these shown on the forum before?

The dagger was brought home by a British Veteran. Sadly he passed away and due to a long standing rift between him and his daughter, she wanted rid of anything to do with her Dad. So the dagger came up for auction locally and I was the winning bidder. He also brought home an SA and a Kriegsmarine dagger.

As you can see by the patina, the dagger looks like it has not been touched. I love it! The grip insignia is perfect.

Maker is Weyersberg. I have not even wiped the blade down properly yet.

Very pleased with it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1938 RLB Fuhrerdolch   1938 RLB Fuhrerdolch  

1938 RLB Fuhrerdolch   1938 RLB Fuhrerdolch  

1938 RLB Fuhrerdolch  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1938 RLB Fuhrerdolch
    P
    Many

?

First one I've seen ... a rare beast no doubt !!

First for me too, you lucky bugger Ade!...

?

Congrats Ade,

This is the best condition RLB Leader Dagger i have seen to date

Unmessed condition with a lovely patina & minty blade ect, ect

I would be very happy with this one as well

Where the SA & KM daggers in this condition ?

Regards Mac 66.

?

Found this by chance ... in German ... on-line book on Honour Daggers ..

Third Reich Honor Daggers and Dirks

Page 93 ...

Ade,

That's a very nice looking 2nd model officer's dagger you scored. A shame about the vet's issues with his daughter but that's life. I suspect your dagger is a 1st model conversion which many are. My 2nd model officer dagger is a Weyersberg as well, they're really well made daggers.

?

Niiiiiiiiice!!

Lovely example Ade The patina is outstanding right down to the carrying rings..totally untouched. There does not appear to be any hits or dings anywhere. the Grip and scabbard leather are perfect..along with the grip swaz..not being chip. It still retains its original blue leather washer. This is a great find !!

Sorry to hear about the elderly Gent and his unfortunate family issues..but Im sure He must know this dagger is in more attentive and careful hands now. Cheers Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Ade- Nice find great addition to any collection -

Heres mine in the "Bunker"-

Horst

1938 RLB Fuhrerdolch
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

An excellant addition Ade!
    Sometimes when those unusual opportunities present themselves, you just have to go for it.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast