Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

1938 RLB Fuhrerdolch

Article about: Hi Guys, I bought this dagger on Monday. Only just had chance to take some pics due to the bad weather and leaving home in the dark and coming back in the dark. I don't think we have ever ha

I've always liked the portly grumpy eagles on these, and the shape of the blade is great. A seldom seen piece and a very fortunate pickup, for sure.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1938 RLB Fuhrerdolch
    P
    Many

Thanks for the kind comments guys! It was not cheap, but I got it under the odds compared to dealers prices.

The SA was not bad, with hanger, but had a few scrapes to the wood of the grip, which detracted. It made £432 after fees, VAT etc. I felt that was too much. The KM was a late Eickehorn, fairly typical and had the gilding worn off. It made £372 all in.

Cheers, Ade.

PS: I have now got a part time job at the auction house! I will be doing the militaria sales appraisals.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Very nice indeed Ade I wouldn't mind owning it (like all of us looking at it) and congrats on the job doing the appraisals cant get better than being paid for a job you love doing
    cheers Ronnie

Outstanding!

?

Congrats Ade , it's all been said previously by the other gents ......but that is a real"out of the woodwork" example , i love its patina and also its made by my favourite manufacturer , it doesn't get better than that
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

?

Ade thanks for showing this beauty!
    What can i say that hasnt been said?
    It has it all, a killer blade, lovely patina, good leather.......may i remind you that i havent had a decent christmas present for years.....i will pm my address...

Cheers,
    Ger

Congrats Ade. A cracking example.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Here is a shot of my RLB 2nd model Officer's dagger, also by Weyersberg. Very well made items & often found in excellent or better condition, in my experience. The 2nd models are certainly cheaper than the 1st models
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1938 RLB Fuhrerdolch  

I do like the RLB 1st model Officer's daggers too, not cheap at all. This one is an Alcoso & waffenamt marked to boot. I would say these daggers are underappreciated & consequently underpriced for their relative scarcity.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1938 RLB Fuhrerdolch  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2