Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

2 x Dagger identifications

Article about: Hello All, Can I please have some help with a Dagger Identification, my Dad bought them 3 or 4 years ago and he has now passed away. He always wanted me me sell them but I would like to find

Default 2 x Dagger identifications

Hello All,

Can I please have some help with a Dagger Identification, my Dad bought them 3 or 4 years ago and he has now passed away.
    He always wanted me me sell them but I would like to find some info on them first.

Dagger 1

Dagger 2

Thanks

Marc
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 x Dagger identifications  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2 x Dagger identifications
    P
    Many

Default Re: 2 x Dagger identifications

1 is a Kreigsmarine dagger

2 is 2nd pattern Luftwaffe dagger.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Very nice but both daggers are in the scabbards the wrong way

Quote by davejb View Post
    Very nice but both daggers are in the scabbards the wrong way
    You didn't let Ade say it...... :-)

Tom

?

Sorry Ade, im stealing your thunder, but i also have the same niggle about scabbards

thanks guys, I have now rotated them!!!

I have also just found the hangers for the Kreigsmarine dagger.

2 x Dagger identifications

Does anyone know what they are worth?

With the nice KM hangers and portapee knot, I'd value the WKC KM at about a $1500-maybe $1650 on a good day.(The hangers are worth just about the same as the Dagger itself!) The Luft with portapee knot? Maybe $625 to 675. But keep in Mind, this is what you would pay to a Seller. What a seller will Give you for it, is considerably less! A third to half less is not out of the norm.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi Jasperb welcome to the forum! You have a nice plain bladed example, ( looks to be late production ). If I may add to what Wagriff has already said ,, much of the pricing would also be set on overall condition of each piece. It can range from $750- 4000. Condition alone does not make it $4000 but personalizations, dedications, rare maker logos, the motifs on the blade panels, and any remaining guilding,, play a big part in overall worth.

On The 2nd Luft dagger with the Orange grip,,I see a little chain around the pommel,, did that come with the dagger? regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hey Jasper,if I were you I would check with Paul at Lakesidtrader.com.Check out his site so you can see what similar blades are going for.Send other pictures taken with a digital camera not a phone and be sure to take pictures of both blades out of the scarbberds.Cheers Operaman

On The 2nd Luft dagger with the Orange grip,,I see a little chain around the pommel,, did that come with the dagger? regards Larry

I noticed that little chain too, Larry! I was wondering about it myself! It kind of looks like a little bracelet type of thing was wrapped around it. One can only imagine what the story behind it must have been!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."