Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

5 Miniature Daggers... What Do You Guys Think???

Article about: Hi all, and Merry Christmas! I came across these 5 miniature daggers (salesman samples) and I'm hoping a few of you recognize whether or not these are good, authentic minis. Sorry about the

?

Default 5 Miniature Daggers... What Do You Guys Think???

Hi all, and Merry Christmas!

I came across these 5 miniature daggers (salesman samples) and I'm hoping a few of you recognize whether or not these are good, authentic minis. Sorry about the poor photos, but they are not yet in my possession so I'm relying on the photos from the seller. Size info precedes each individual photo set below...

SA & NSKK minis (9.5" including Scabbard)
    (RZM 4/40 (? I think) and RZM 38/4 respectively)...

5 Miniature Daggers... What Do You Guys Think???5 Miniature Daggers... What Do You Guys Think???5 Miniature Daggers... What Do You Guys Think???5 Miniature Daggers... What Do You Guys Think???5 Miniature Daggers... What Do You Guys Think???5 Miniature Daggers... What Do You Guys Think???

RAD Leader's Hewer mini (5.5" including Scabbard)...

5 Miniature Daggers... What Do You Guys Think???5 Miniature Daggers... What Do You Guys Think???

Luftwaffe Dagger mini (6" including Scabbard)...

5 Miniature Daggers... What Do You Guys Think???5 Miniature Daggers... What Do You Guys Think???

Diplomat Dagger mini (5.5" including Scabbard)...

Thanks!
    Dzyner

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 5 Miniature Daggers... What Do You Guys Think???
    P
    Many

Default Re: 5 Miniature Daggers... What Do You Guys Think???

Salesman's samples.Really cool

?

Hi Operaman! Thanks for the feedback. Do you think these are authentic? I haven't found any SA, NSKK, Diplomatic or RAD examples out there to compare to, but have found some Luftwaffe examples and it looks pretty good to me. I'd like to hear from someone with experience collecting the salesman samples. Anyone???

?

I think there may be good and bad here, the RAD hewer seems to be too small, the overall length of an original should be 7"5/8 , plus the hanger suspension rings look too small, there also appears to be some rough areas to the detailing, which in most cases of the original , detail was very well done and was an exact copy of the full size version, i may be wrong but as i understand it, the RZM deemed these miniatures as token gifts and therefore they were not subject to the normal rigourous inspections but the individual manufacturers regarded these items as a selling tool therefore made them to exacting standards, im not sure if the RZM logo would be included on the miniature daggers

They appear to be very crudely made, except for the 2nd pattern Luftwaffe dagger
    and possibly the Diplomatic dagger, which may stand a chance.

The NSKK and SA scabbard fittings are extremely bulky, new looking, and both pieces
    are lacking refinement, IMO. The hewer is poorly cast, with very rough detailing
    - the grip is badly bent and I don't like it's scabbard loops. There seems to be
    fake toning in all the recesses.

These three at least, I'd say are modern 'copies', with the Luft dagger being the only
    one that might be genuine, but coming from the same seller I'd be cautious and
    so probably pass on them all. Prices may reflect whether they are fakes or not
    as well because original miniature daggers are at least $300/$350 each
    - and up !
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 12-27-2010 at 09:25 PM.
    Regards,

Steve.

Wink Re: 5 Miniature Daggers... What Do You Guys Think???

I think the most informed opinion on this forum would be Ade,I have seen other miniatures on this forum before.Cheers

?

Sounds like we're all definitely in agreement that the Hewer is questionable at best, although one thing that has me puzzled is how "used" it appears; perhaps a lot of the fine detail was simply rubbed away from opening a boat load of letters

I agree about the Luftwaffe dagger. It looks pretty good, down to the braiding of the handle. I have a Heer mini and the similarities are very close.

I was really hopefully for the NSKK and SA daggers though. The color of the grip (and the fact the wood even looks good), the color of the scabbard, and SA emblem... everything seems to look ok to me when compared to me full size SA, but I do see the point regarding the fittings; they aren't as crisp and refined as the full size. That being said, I have to believe that some detail was just not necessarily as important (or as attainable) in such a smaller size. I guess we'll wait for Ade to give his thoughts and put this to bed once and for all

Hi Guys, it is very kind of you, but please don't just take my word on things.

I would say the only one worth a second look is the Luftwaffe example.

I have never really made a huge study of these as personally I don't really like them that much. I prefer the full size stuff.

Cheers, Ade.

The daggers with RZM markings are postwar, the others are of poor quality, with only the Luftwaffe (as was mentioned) possibly being of interest. But if the grip on the Luftwaffe is orange colored plastic through and through, it's also a postwar fake. FP

I think their all fake including the Luftwaffe piece. The Sa and NSKK are obvious and they were sold at shows by the bundle even a few years ago, Teno looks like hell as does the Diplo. Grip wire and such may look nice on the Luft but the swazi is inset and everything else looks cheesy. Could be o.k but not a great example if it is real.