Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Alert!!! I've been cheated!!!

Article about: Just a heads up to anyone around the New Jersey Area... I sent a large sum of money to an individual who had two mini dagger for sale on Craigslist in New Jersey, USA. The title of the add i

?

Smile Alert!!! I've been cheated!!!

Just a heads up to anyone around the New Jersey Area... I sent a large sum of money to an individual who had two mini dagger for sale on Craigslist in New Jersey, USA. The title of the add is "nazi ww2 dress daggers of the German SS - $2500"
    Before you feel really bad for me or think I'm stupid or just careless it was not that much. The person has represented himself as XXXX and sent me photos of his drivers license and an old school id. I have been texting with him and he has been jerking me around.
    Beware of this person and if you have the opportunity to meet him let me know. I would be very interested in the details. On a side note I have "risked" sending funds in order to purchase an item and have been lucky. Everyone's luck runs out also, this XXXX character states he was in the Marines with an honorable discharge which I doubt from his conduct and actions. Be well my friends....

Edited for security and content. Regards Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 08-24-2014 at 06:36 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Alert!!! I've been cheated!!!
    P
    Many

?

Anzel.. What can I say other than Paypal.. Did you use this service ?? Sorry to hear about your grief..G

?

Use it all the time but I slipped on this one....

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Anzel.. What can I say other than Paypal.. Did you use this service ?? Sorry to hear about your grief..G
    PayPal is the only way I ever transfer money to anyone, anywhere. One of my sayings is "If they won't take PayPal then don't buy from them." there are a lot of people out there who will take your money and never say anything to you again. I just never take the risk.

best of luck,

Warbuff

?

Thanks WArbuff...I knew it was a risk...just making others aware of the situation. The person is in the Philly area as well.

MAP
    ?

If not paypal did you send it as a check? Cash? or Wire? I'm no prosecuter or lawyer but maybe if it was a wire there may be (if he is in the US) a way to get him on mail fraud or something........

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

There has to be something you can do. Make sure you document all communication between the two of you. incase you need proof of anything.

?

It was a form of wire at walmart (plenty of cameras there) and I have friends in the state police department in my state. I will pursue an appropriate resolution. I am relentless in everything I do.

Never loose hope...

MAP
    ?

Quote by Anzel View Post
    It was a form of wire at walmart (plenty of cameras there) and I have friends in the state police department in my state. I will pursue an appropriate resolution. I am relentless in everything I do.
    Good. Not familiar with how wires work at Walmart but I know wires originating from a bank have to go to an account at another bank which if researched can be traced (by the authorities). Save your txts, emails, etc....

If caught this guy is facing a number of felonies I would think (wire fraud, etc).....

go get him or at least try to get a warrant out on him so his life will be miserable from here on out!

M
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast