Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Alert!!! I've been cheated!!!

Article about: Just a heads up to anyone around the New Jersey Area... I sent a large sum of money to an individual who had two mini dagger for sale on Craigslist in New Jersey, USA. The title of the add i

What town in Jersey?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Alert!!! I've been cheated!!!
    P
    Many

?

Sorry to hear this, to bad you did not mail a cheque as I understand in the US this would be mail fraud, and things can really go bad for him.
    I truly hope this works out for you...let us know.

Dean O
    Canada

FYI-You should report this to the FBIs internet fraud division, they have an online form located at: www.IC3.gov

I am sorry to hear this, friend...$2500 is a lot of money to lose through deceit...Hopefully, other members will learn from your mistake...Never wire money to an unknown seller, use PayPal to cover your ass...I lost $200 to fraud last year and I'm still pissed off at myself for being careless, lol...
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 08-19-2014 at 06:40 PM.

?

Thankfully, the amount was much less than $2500. I take risks but not that big. Just found out the person had to present valid state ID or driver's license to receive funds at the Walmart in Lumberton, NJ on rt 38. I know...how appropriate Walmart lol. Sargetom thanks for the tip, I will look into filing a claim. I will give it until end of week only because I was told it was Mailed yesterday. When I pressed for tracking number which I was clear about receiving from day one he disappeared. Since there is a .001 chance it arrives I will wait before going on FBIs roles. However, my gut says the money is bye bye.

Quote by Anzel View Post
    Thankfully, the amount was much less than $2500. I take risks but not that big. Just found out the person had to present valid state ID or driver's license to receive funds at the Walmart in Lumberton, NJ on rt 38. I know...how appropriate Walmart lol. Sargetom thanks for the tip, I will look into filing a claim. I will give it until end of week only because I was told it was Mailed yesterday. When I pressed for tracking number which I was clear about receiving from day one he disappeared. Since there is a .001 chance it arrives I will wait before going on FBIs roles. However, my gut says the money is bye bye.
    Contact police in lumberton and retain license and ID information. It's theft by wire or wire fraud if not received. Ask for a detective and they may just pay him a visit. Not sure where Lumberton is off the top of my head at the moment.

?

If it was my money i would have paid him a visit.

Maybe helped him to understand it is "not-so-good" to steal money.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Alert!!! I've been cheated!!!  

?

Can't his fingerprints be lifted off the photo ??

Quote by Anzel View Post
    Thankfully, the amount was much less than $2500. I take risks but not that big. Just found out the person had to present valid state ID or driver's license to receive funds at the Walmart in Lumberton, NJ on rt 38.
    If this is the case....these Walmarts also have cameras recording everything at the cust. service rep counters. This guy can be Ided`. !! I think you got the cards stacked against him..and if he is an idiot..and used his real license....it will be a matter of time before he is caught. Police can track GPS signals..and also set up a sting! The more info you give the authorities the quicker he goes down.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hey guys, the saga continues...after sending a 12 noon deadline for response yesterday and hearing nothing from seller. He called this morning. Yesterday, I sent text messages stating, "hope you smiled for cameras at Lumberton, NJ Walmart" ...."have you seen the really cool FBI website for internet fraud?" ..."by the way if the package comes it will be held at post office so it can be opened in front of witnesses on camera so no games!" ....
    He said I have ever right to be mad and send a photo of a package with my name and address with USPS priority tracking number on it. I'm crossing my fingers because he lied three times and said he mailed it in the past. That .001 percent chance is now .01
    No need to mobilize just yet
    Anzel

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast