Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Alert!!! I've been cheated!!!

Article about: Just a heads up to anyone around the New Jersey Area... I sent a large sum of money to an individual who had two mini dagger for sale on Craigslist in New Jersey, USA. The title of the add i

?

Anzel i hope you will recieve your mini's!
    I know how its feels being tricked, ive lost money (like many of us have) on occasion in total about a 3000 dollars.
    That made me sick for a day or two...but it was a well learned lesson ( the edged one wasnt the real thing.....sh*&T happends )
    A good friend of mine bought a mint dagger lately and it turned up in Germany instead of Holland in a post on a Gerrman daggers forum.
    The seller sold it more then once....

I will cross my fingers.
    I do buy daggers using PayPal and use the gift option a lot, but only with well known Forum members or Gents that ive done business before.
    To be honest, the only 2 times that ive been tricked was by fellow Dutchman inside Holland

Regards,
    Ger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Alert!!! I've been cheated!!!
    P
    Many

?

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Anzel i hope you will recieve your mini's!
    I know how its feels being tricked, ive lost money (like many of us have) on occasion in total about a 3000 dollars.
    That made me sick for a day or two...but it was a well learned lesson ( the edged one wasnt the real thing.....sh*&T happends )
    A good friend of mine bought a mint dagger lately and it turned up in Germany instead of Holland in a post on a Gerrman daggers forum.
    The seller sold it more then once....

I will cross my fingers.
    I do buy daggers using PayPal and use the gift option a lot, but only with well known Forum members or Gents that ive done business before.
    To be honest, the only 2 times that ive been tricked was by fellow Dutchman inside Holland

Regards,
    Ger
    Ger,
    Sorry to hear about your loss and the emotional drain to causes. I bought an SS belt buckle once for the sellers asking price that was very attractive. I sent western union after gathering a lot of info and sent it and received package a few days later. I think those days are over for me now not worth the hassle.
    Anzel

?

I have good news! After much persistence and info gathering...the seller sent the mini daggers. From the text messages he sent it sounds like he has paid for this type of crime before and does not want to go that route again. Perhaps, we both learned a lesson on this long drawn out Craigslist transaction.

The two minis I fought for are to either side of my RAD mini...

Anzel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Alert!!! I've been cheated!!!  

MAP
    ?

Talk softly but carry a big stick (or in this case the threat of prosecution!)

Persistence paid off. Good for you!!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Patience and persistence has paid off in the correct manner of proceeding through a legal route..and not a witchhunt of personal threats and intimidation. I will leave this thread in place as a model for future reference. Congratulations on a battle won on 2 fronts . Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

and they look very nice too,well done.

Thrilled to see that you finally received your daggers, Anzel!! That was a close call, friend...bet you won't do that again anytime soon, lol...
    And there are important lessons for all of us to be learned from this awesome thread: Cover your ass and use PayPal when dealing with folks you don't know, never wire money to strangers from Craigslist, be careful with your hard-earned money, and when in doubt bring your questions to the Forum BEFORE the deed is done, lol...
    cheers, Glenn

?

Thanks Glenn! I have alot of experience with negotiations . My only goal was to keep communications rational and personal meaning using his first name a lot and pointing out common lines of thinking. I incorporated humor and firmness with the information I gathered from him. We all know if communication is cut things can go dark quickly. Times like these I'm glad my driveway is 1000 ft with 800 ft of clean line of sight. BTW, I really have been too interested in minis daggers lately....that's why I was risky....need to clear my head and not jump in to fast. On a side note, the seller seemed like he has the potential of being a good guy and I hope he chooses that path.

checkit
    ?

Maybe it was a case of seller's remorse - he began to regret selling them, then wondered if he could get away with just saying he mailed them. I think you made an honest man of him!!!!!!!

?

Perhaps, sellers remorse but a total refund always cures that emotion! No remorse IMO

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4