Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Army "Besten Schutzen" Hirschfanger and Luftwaffe Forestry sidearm...

Article about: I recently acquired this Heer Besten Schutzen hirschfanger at a local gun show along with a Luftwaffe Forestry sidearm. Here are some pics. Annoyed from this ads?   Len

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Why should the Army award a Cutlass like this?
    Regards, Ger
    I agree with Ger about the abbreviation, but maybe this mistake was made by the person
    who etched. Also Germans could make mistakes?

Maybe this was a private purchase for an army forestry person (Heeresforstbeamte).
    I do not know if something is said about this in their specific uniform-regulations, but I
    think it was not! The Hirschfänger versions were described, but not in detail (a pity).
    And you will of course know there existed a Luftwaffenforst......

Army "Besten Schutzen" Hirschfanger and Luftwaffe Forestry sidearm... (Heeresforst middle class ranked)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Army "Besten Schutzen" Hirschfanger and Luftwaffe Forestry sidearm...
    P
    Many

Not in hand and not one of my primary areas of interest, I'm inclined to give this unit marked example the benefit of a doubt. With my thinking being that the steel or iron (?) mounts suggest the post 1935 period before the war when Germany was activitvely engaged in rebuilding the military and morale boosting. Best Regards, Fred

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2