MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast

The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art

Article about: This was brought back from Spain.....by my fiances nanna.......

?

Default re: The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art

Now look at this one.....what mind can create such a dagger?
    The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter ArtThe Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter ArtThe Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art
    P
    Many

but its got a swastika,.... so it must be real
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Now look at this one.....what mind can create such a dagger?
    The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter ArtThe Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter ArtThe Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art
    This is what is a sicking parasite in the hobby!Back in the 60s Atwood had put together parts daggers and outright fantasy daggers.Then the fantasy (expensive) daggers came out of the (I hate this stupid saying many dealers use it) woodwork!!Some of the dealers in edged weapons know some of the pieces they are selling are bad and don't let anyone say different because after 43 years of lists,shows,auctions,etc. I have seen this B.S. galore.These pieces are made to deceive and screw even collectors with smarts on these pieces.List your potential purchases on this forum and get an honest opinion especially the rarer daggers.Remember you are the guy who can get hurt if you don't!!goodbuys

Almost as laughable as the SS pantograph folding knife.

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Well Gents, here are 2 real beauty's
    The first one is the famous fat bastard variant

Cheers Ger
    Attachment 455400
    Attachment 455401
    Lollllll

Here is an Authentic dress bayonet destroyed by greed with a Kulturzeichen proof mark that does not exist on dress bayonets.
    See this thread here for more details. https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-di...enuine-319357/
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art  
    Attached Images Attached Images The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art  The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art  The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art 
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Default "The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art

Hey guys, my friend recently got this dagger for free so hes not in anything. I had a few issues with it and i wanted to point it out to you guys. 1st the Paul Weyersberg Co makers mark looks completely wrong and way too far up the blade. Also the detail of the swastika on the crossguard looks really wrong compared to originals. It looks pushed in too far and filed in. Please let me know your opinions because i'm just getting into this part of the hobby and not the best in it yet.
    Ryan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art   The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art  

The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art   The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art  

Attached Images Attached Images The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art  The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art 

?

Default Re: 1st pattern luftwaffe dagger help

You can see compared to mine the crossguard looks really wrong.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art   The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art  

The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art   The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art  

?

Default "The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art

I do not have any experience with SS daggers, but came across this one. From the only photos I have, it looks to be a repro. What do you think? Is it worth a 2 hour drive or should I save my gas?

The Best of the Worst...a Study in Edged Weapon Alter Art  

This ss dagger looks certainly fake to me.
    Far too shiny plated and the stamping on the blade is clumsy.
    The width of the blade looks too small.
    I don't like it!
    But hey, I'm not an expert.

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast