Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Boot Knife ID ?

Article about: Looking for some info on this boot knife - it does follow the pattern of WWII German, but I am not sure... Thanks !

Default Boot Knife ID ?

Looking for some info on this boot knife - it does follow the pattern of WWII German, but I am not sure...

Thanks !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Boot Knife ID ?   Boot Knife ID ?  

Boot Knife ID ?   Boot Knife ID ?  

Attached Images Attached Images Boot Knife ID ? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Boot Knife ID ?
    P
    Many

?

I would say WWII. The features seem to indicate post 1935/WWII. Especially the spring steel clip on the scabbard.

The clip on the sheath is acceptable for WW II period.
    Just not sure about the knife, never seen one with this light wood on the handle.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    The clip on the sheath is acceptable for WW II period.
    Just not sure about the knife, never seen one with this light wood on the handle.
    Ralph.
    Thanks - i think handle was refinished

Interesting knife, the grip has features similar to a Luftwaffe fighting knife, while the single edged blade is similar to the Puma fighting knife. Looks to have been cleaned and wood grip varnished. Not one I'm familiar with.

In agreement with the others it was not just refinished IMO. Obviously heavily aged/corroded at one point, looking at the blade in relation to the scabbard it appears at a minimum to probably also have been reshaped. Best Regards, Fred

?

Your knife appears to be an original WWII era German knife that's been cleaned and re-finished as mentioned earlier. Here are a couple that haven't been cleaned so you can see what it would have looked like. Yours looks to have had the blade sharpened and polished (no crossgrain left) and the grips were sanded and varnished. The crossguard should be black, that's been cleaned off too.

Boot Knife ID ?

Hello,
    The name of this knife is Infanteriemesser 42
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Thank you all for feedback.