Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Boxed TENO Officer Dagger

Article about: All-- I do not collect daggers, but have a serious interest in TN uniforms and insignia. Old Brigade just posted this beauty:

Default Boxed TENO Officer Dagger

All--
    I do not collect daggers, but have a serious interest in TN uniforms and insignia.
    Old Brigade just posted this beauty:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Boxed TENO Officer Dagger   Boxed TENO Officer Dagger  

Boxed TENO Officer Dagger   Boxed TENO Officer Dagger  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Boxed TENO Officer Dagger
    P
    Many

?

If I was a dagger man I would be all over this one.

Holy crapoli I am not even going to ask the price lol. The Eickhorn metal control tag alone is worth more then some daggers, if you are going to own one then this would be it, it has everything a dagger lover could ask for.

The Teno and the NPEA students and leaders daggers have to be the most difficult..to analyze. On the Teno it has been said in a GDC discussion,,that period dies have been used to recreate..the same type fittings..mixed with the slightest hard to notice differences in certain area of detail on the rest of the dagger..and then mixed unknowingly into reputable dealers inventory.....the dagger goes unquestioned..because of their reputation..and has no idea..that a fake Teno is being offered as authentic.
    I am not knocking "Old Brigade" at all..but when a dagger like this surfaces..the buyer needs to look at it very closely.
    Here is the thread on the GDC showing a side by side difference..which will make your hair raise.

Comparison TN Leader. - GermanDaggers.com

The dagger being offered by "Old Brigade" appears to be legitimate...but a few photos is not enough to see..exactly..the key points that could make or break someones wallet. I will bring the photos from the GDC here to the WRF forum and start a separate thread..and pin it to the top for future reference. I will give full credit to the GDC..for this exhaustive look into a dagger of notoriety and desire among collectors. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Well I don't know how you all feel but if these original dies exist I would prefer to see some proof.

Does old brigade mean 'the old brigade' meaning the one here in England?

best matty

Quote by mattty01 View Post
    Well I don't know how you all feel but if these original dies exist I would prefer to see some proof.

Does old brigade mean 'the old brigade' meaning the one here in England?

best matty
    Don't worry Matty, i'll find it for you......

The Old Brigade

At your service, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Cheers Neddy mate. quite funny how I misinterpreted that as I thought the stonemint meant the old brigade had just posted it and he'd been the receiver. Now I know, just posted means just on the site!

I have dealt with stewart from the old brigade twice now. Doesn't pay much for items as a take in but tends to knock things out at ridiculous prices. Seems to get the business somehow anyway.

Im sure if he's happy with it its most likely good. The price on request will be horrific without a doubt.

Im very interested in hearing about these original dies, quite a frightening thought if its true.

all the best matty

check out this pinned thread ...have a frightful read...muh hahahahahaha

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...d-ugly-423641/
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

They are so rare I probably couldnt afford a fake one either lol

yeah I see that mate. You could argue if your dagger is made with original dies it is original - just post 1945.

Eitherway Original standard is original standard!

Be interesting to know how much these are being sold for.

Id happily have one in my collection if used from original dies why not?

just a thought, or is it all rumours? matty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast