Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Can anyone recommend a good, trustworthy site for HJ knives?

Article about: Hi Guys... I want to buy my first HJ knife and I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good website. I've had a look around (lots of google searches) but some of the sites that I've found

?

Default Can anyone recommend a good, trustworthy site for HJ knives?

Hi Guys... I want to buy my first HJ knife and I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good website. I've had a look around (lots of google searches) but some of the sites that I've found only have 1 or 2 on offer, also a lot of the US sites will not ship overseas (I'm in Australia), and the remaining few sites that I've found are too expensive. I'm looking for a trustworthy source where I can find a good selection of HJ knives that are affordable... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks... cheers... Hansi

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Can anyone recommend a good, trustworthy site for HJ knives?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Can anyone recommend a good, trustworthy site for HJ knives?

pm send

?

Hi Pierre... after following your earlier advice I have a question for you concerning the fish-scale red in the diamond. Although I have now read that a flat enamel red in the diamond is by no means a sign of a fake as believed by many people, and although Paul Hogle himself has pointed this out too, he does however still list flat red enamel in his list of "Bad" things to watch out for. Would it be fair to presume, that even if a knife has been proven by an expert to be 100% authentic and possesses all of the required tell-tale signs of wear, use, age, etc... that, that tiny area of flat red enamel is always going to set of loud alarm bells with the majority of potential buyers should the knife be offered for sale? Or to put more bluntly, if I buy a knife with flat red enamel instead of the fish-scale red, will I have problems if I should decide to sell it again at a later date? I get the feeling that the fish-scale finish is the more desirable of the two... I'd be very interested to hear your expert opinion on this! Many thanks... cheers, Hansi

Hi Hansi, I would always buy "textbook" if you are worried about selling in the future.

You can buy from Paul with confidence.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks Ade... to be honest I much prefer the fish-scale red anyway and I think I will stick to that. Did you see my other post from this morning... the battered HJ knife that I picked up on eBay? I wonder if you can take a quick look and shed any light on the maker markings... would much appreciate it. Cheers... Hansi