MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can you please assess these three daggers

Article about: A colleague of mine down south has sent me these pics of some daggers he has. To me they look genuine but I am no expert. I would be grateful if you could give me some feedback on them. I ha

Default Can you please assess these three daggers

A colleague of mine down south has sent me these pics of some daggers he has. To me they look genuine but I am no expert. I would be grateful if you could give me some feedback on them.

I have no idea what significance the sunglasses have so dont ask

Many thanks

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can you please assess these three daggers   Can you please assess these three daggers  

Can you please assess these three daggers   Can you please assess these three daggers  

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Can you please assess these three daggers
    P
    Many

Default Re: Can you please assess these three daggers

Hi Nick The Boker SS dagger and the Army dagger are legitimate. The Boker blade will clean up nice with a little TLC. The army has a cracked handle but also looks to be period and not messed with. I cant say much about the small bayo..and will leave that up to the bayo gents. The sunglasses throw in the bin..I dont feel you would look good with ladys sunglasses on unless you prefer that...The Heer and SS look great. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Many thanks indeed Larry

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

The bayo is from an SLR I think. Looks in good condition, I've seen them sell for £40-£60. Good luck mate.

The bayo is a SLR bayonet
    Ben

?

Hi Nick,

The Boker SS dagger looks good & the blade will clean up as i see its covered in grease so might be in good condition when gently removed & cleaned

Hope you manage to buy it mate as i know you have been looking for an SS dagger for some time now

The heer dagger & SLR bayo are genuine imo

Regards Mac 66.

Thanks for your replies guys! Do you think the Boker is worth £2000 ?

Nick

?

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Thanks for your replies guys! Do you think the Boker is worth £2000 ?

Nick
    Nick,

£2000 is pretty high for the Boker alone, all 3 for £2000 would be fair imo,

can you bargain the guy down to £1500-£1600 for the Boker ?

Regards Mac 66

Thanks Scot , I will give it a go!

Nick

Actually, that Boker looks like a beauty under that grease layer. I agree, though, that £2000 for the trio would be an honest price, although, personally, I'd pass on the Army dagger, as the damage to the grip would put it off for me. The bayonet,of course, is what you make of it and doesn't really make a great deal of difference. The Boker would be a good pick up and would clean up fine, I'm sure. You'd need to find a Hanger for it, of course, and be sure to remind him of this fact!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast