Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Close Combat Knives

Article about: WWI & WWII close combat knives also referred to as trench knives. The basic difference WWI /WWII is the knife grip and the scabbard belt attachment. Both shown have been sharpened and re

Default Re: Close Combat Knives

Very nice trench knives Horst. I'm always amazed to see these with scabbards. I'm sure most of them were used as everyday knives cutting veggies, meat, etc. after each war when sources were scarce. That's probably what has made them so rare today, because the rest were worn out and thrown in the trash. You have great stuff Horst!

Jay

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Close Combat Knives
    P
    Many

?

nice ones Horst. i have a ww2 one with a single clip on the back of the scabbard. also an unmarked blade.
    andrew

Quote by Andrew View Post
    nice ones Horst. i have a ww2 one with a single clip on the back of the scabbard. also an unmarked blade.
    andrew
    any pic´s ?

Hi Reibert, you must have come in on the second page. He has great pictures on the first. You may have the same problem as I. As Ade always says, try clearing your cookies on your explorer if you still can't get the pictures.

Quote by oradour View Post
    Horst, the second knife shown, WW1, i believe to be a circa 1915-18, and in my opinion probably the product of ERN RASIERMESSERFABRIK factory of Solingen-Wald, it will bear no maker mark (although a known pattern of this company), although an inspection mark, a a crowned gothic 'c' should appear on the reverse ricasso.
    Hi !

You can identify an ERN-knife only, if you can see an ERN-markt actually ...

A lot of maker´s in Germany produced such knive´s, (with, or without maker´s-mark) !

Most of them were private purchased and this Pattern ist the "standard" and "most common" German trench-knife of WWI

Rgds.,

R.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Close Combat Knives   Close Combat Knives  

?

Hi Reibert,
    nice bunch of knives there. here are the pictures of the single clip you asked about. sorry for the delay.
    andrew
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Close Combat Knives   Close Combat Knives  

Close Combat Knives  

Quote by Andrew View Post
    Hi Reibert,
    nice bunch of knives there. here are the pictures of the single clip you asked about. sorry for the delay.
    andrew

A real beautiful Wehrmacht fighting-knife !

Congrats and thx. for showing !

BTW: Your knife did´nt have any term, (like the "Infanteriemesser 42" for example).

Cheers,

R.

P.S.:

Today I received a Puma fighting-knife, found in a derelict barn, (condition not so gut, but it´s an "honest" piece ! ).
    Also I´ve got another German WWI trench-knife, (the same pattern like the other´s, I showed in this thread).
    And, Hurrahh ! ! !, an Demag "Crank-handle", found in an attic
    The condition of this Demag isn´t really bad and, if you want, I can post pic´s later.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2