Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Collection of Repro Daggers

Article about: Amazing 'rocks' Eric.........!

Some collections start with repros until one is able to obtain an authentic example. I see nothing wrong with it if used as a learning tool. I have known some seasoned collectors to purposely buy repro daggers or near perfect reproductions to use as a learning tool..which in a sense this is what Berlin vets intentions are.
    Dan and Eric have answered any concerns the best. I feel in time with theses repros that BerlinVet is collecting...in time he will get real dagger fever and move in that direction. In collecting there is never any satisfaction...but a continued lust to upgrade. Give it time...BerlinVet will lose his mind like the rest of us.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Collection of Repro Daggers
    P
    Many

Quote by Eric Zentner View Post
    Quote..(You're right Dan. If one wises to collect rocks they may do so. I just hope he doesn't anticipate a return on his investment).

Hey! I collect rocks
    Eric
    Attachment 554514
    Those are some funny looking rocks, Eric!

Quote by Little Mermaid View Post
    No matter what people choose to collect and to spend their money on, it is their choice and they should not be belittled for that.
    I don't think there was any belittling here and I hope that's not the way the Berlin sees this. I think some of us are just confused as to why someone would want To make a collection of repros. I can understand buying them for re enactment use or to study, as Larry said, but not with the intention of "collecting" them so to speak. It's nothing against Berlinvet. I'm sure he is happy with what he has and of so I'm happy for him. I'd just hate to see him invest a good amount of hard earned money on the pretend stuff.

I have seen a few expert collectors buy repros thinking they were real, at least he knows right off the bat and there is no second guessing its authenticity....btw I once collected TV guides till my mom made me throw them all away lol.

Found them on my property Todd.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Eric some of those are stone arrow heads? That's cool, did you find them yourself?

Edit, I missed your reply to Todd. Nice to find that stuff in your yard

?

Nice repros,B-V. I have purchased repros as space fillers until I could afford, or found the original versions. They are good for study pieces as was mentioned by Larry. This is the way some young collectors start their heated sex affair with the sucubus called 'Third Reich collecting'.
    Also, I believe there is a forum reserved especially for repros here at war relics.EU
    Thanks for sharing.

Eric Z, love the arrow heads and blades made of chert. Lucky to find them in your backyard! Some rich native history and culture there. I've been getting interested in ' knapping'(not a typo, although I could use a nap) but, knapping is the art of making arrow heads and the like ..I prefer obsidian. I just acquired a chunk of it a bit ago, now I need the tools.
    Cheers,
    Dean
    Last edited by Dean; 08-16-2013 at 07:09 AM.

As long as no one is being intentionally.."misled" or solicited....I have no problem with it being here...but I hope for a future authentic investment on BerlinVets behalf.....BTW....there is a huge difference in visual appeal compared to authentic examples. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I tried flint knapping quite a while ago, I ended up with a pile of flint

Hey! I collect rocks
    Eric you collect rocks too?
    Collection of Repro Daggers

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast