Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Collection of Repro Daggers

Article about: Amazing 'rocks' Eric.........!

Amazing 'rocks' Eric.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Collection of Repro Daggers
    P
    Many

Thanks Steve this one is my pride and joy a Piesker Diamond from Woodland period.
    Collection of Repro Daggers
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

I've gone to some of the classifieds on your website, and although the 'real thing' may have some significant value to some of you, it doesn't to me. I buy these for my enjoyment and my grand son(12) loves them. Not only that the prices are rediculous for a bit of maybe history that maybe took someones life. I guess it's my PTSD, I've seen a lot, and I mean alot of dead people. So, guess I need to either stick to the Allied end or get out, since most of you want to spend a shit load of money on some old rusty sword, Antiques Road Show professionals say that 'cleaning them up' devalues them. The only 'original' things I have are from the late 19th Century west. Silver, metal ware and glass ware. But that's a different story.

?

Quote by Berlinvet70 View Post
    I've gone to some of the classifieds on your website, and although the 'real thing' may have some significant value to some of you, it doesn't to me. I buy these for my enjoyment and my grand son(12) loves them. Not only that the prices are rediculous for a bit of maybe history that maybe took someones life. I guess it's my PTSD, I've seen a lot, and I mean alot of dead people. So, guess I need to either stick to the Allied end or get out, since most of you want to spend a shit load of money on some old rusty sword, Antiques Road Show professionals say that 'cleaning them up' devalues them. The only 'original' things I have are from the late 19th Century west. Silver, metal ware and glass ware. But that's a different story.
    Too bad. Up till now, you were actually not doing too shabby.
    You need to gain a little perspective. This is a relic forum for people with a historical interest. We have some members here, who represent a huge font of knowledge (not necessarily including myself) - some of them even semi-respectable.
    Moderators and collectors here share their knowledge for free and time and time again spring to the aid of new forum members seeking an opinion on relics/assorted other stuff.
    I welcome you and you are obviously free to post your repro knives here, but please dont defecate where you sleep - its bad form.
    Besides, there are plenty of vets (myself included) and others who have seen the not so happy-happy side of life, so please dont patronize us. I believe most here are fully aware of the grisly things committed in wars and most of us dont glorify it - the administration/moderators here does a splendid job of weeding out those who dont share that opnion, trolls etc.
    Im no mod, so feel free to disregard my comment.

Quote by Berlinvet70 View Post
    Hi - yes, many of us do spend a 'shitload' of money on rusty stuff - this is our prerogative - just as collecting reproductions is yours. Live & let live.
    I wish you well in coping with your PTSD - something I ( thankfully and hopefully ) will never have to cope with. Thanks for letting us into your world Berlinvet70 ......... sorry if our responses 'rubbed you up the wrong way'
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Hi Guys, everyone here deserves respect, no matter what they wish to collect.

I think this thread is getting personal now, so I am closing it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4