Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

collection for sale.. good?

Article about: hello some person has for sale a collection of four bayonets... I would be grateful for verification I am afraid that these are the only pictures available... thank you Jacob

?

Default Re: collection for sale.. good?

collection for sale.. good?collection for sale.. good?collection for sale.. good?collection for sale.. good?collection for sale.. good?collection for sale.. good?collection for sale.. good?collection for sale.. good?collection for sale.. good?collection for sale.. good?collection for sale.. good?collection for sale.. good?collection for sale.. good?collection for sale.. good?collection for sale.. good?collection for sale.. good?collection for sale.. good?collection for sale.. good?collection for sale.. good?collection for sale.. good?collection for sale.. good?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement collection for sale.. good?
    P
    Many

Thanks for adding the pics.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi, An interesting selection of bayonets!! IMO, they belong with a selection of exotic 84/98s that were etched in the UK back in the 60/70s. If my memory serves me they were etched in Birmingham?? and a Glut of them appeared at the UK arms fairs. That said, I do not recall seeing any KS98s but if you are going to etch 84/98s then why not KS98s?? If you can accept that the bayonets are real but that the etching is almost certainly post war then they make a nice display. So, IMO, cost and acceptability are the key words. Hope that this is of interest to you. Regards Michael Ryan

A grouping of deliberate fakes that were made with the sole purpose to deceive collectors from their moneys. They are now over 40 years old and exhibit age. Owning something like this would be the equivalent of owning some rubbish from Charlie Snyder. Eventually, some day down the road, the original stories for them will become forgotten and they will be offered as rare originals and someone will lose considerably money on them. As far as I'm concerned, the lot should be dumped into a smelter and eliminated from the collecting world once and for all.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi, In response to the comments made by Wagriff. In principle, I totally agree with you and having been caught several times I can speak as a "deceived collector". However, the bayonets are not fakes but the etching is spurious. There is a place for copies in genuine collections (Rarety and cost of original items for example) but they should be clearly marked and marketed as such! Etched bayonets are very expencive here in the UK so perhaps there is a place for these items for those who like etched blades but can not afford the real thing? I, none-the-less, agree that those who profit by making and passing sh-t as authentic collectables to genuine collectors are abhorant!! Cheers Michael R

Naturally, the bayonets themselves are genuine. By themselves, they have no great value. But they have, unfortunately, now been ruined by having fake etchings permanently applied to them. To do so is no different than taking a common every day German office document and scratching a fake Hitler signature to it. What was once a respectable and genuine piece has been defaced forever in an attempt to add something that is not original to it and thereby increase it's supposed value enormously. Just yet another sad sign of the times we now live in, I guess...
    William

Hi again Wagriff, I can not but agree with you!! Whether the perpatrator did the etching for profit or as an expression of his artistic skills is wholely accademic. He has, as you rightly say, wrecked a number of original items. In my book, totally out of order!! Do we agree?? Cheers MR

There really should be laws against the manufacture and/or enhancement of such things...One can only imagine the heinous amounts of moneys that have been spent for fraudulent pieces and how many items today are sitting proudly in collections all around the World that have little or no connection to the genuine articles. It is a much ignored by Government problem that should but probably never will be properly addressed. In some countries, it is an almost cottage industry, the manufacture of deceiving rubbish. If these were counterfeit coins or stamps or what have you, there would be an uproar over it, but militaria? They could care less. Just recently, I saw a documentary being filmed in China where the factory owner was proudly stating "We can make Anything you want!", and, indeed, they pretty much Can now. Currently, for example, there is an increasing flood of fake ancient Coins showing up on the World markets. There are factories today in India making boullion collar tabs and shoulderboards, insignias etc that are almost better than the originals... SS Honor rings are appearing that are nearly Perfect-down to the aging, die flaws, etc. It's saddening to consider 50 years from now, how much trash will be treasured "originals" in collections and museums. Thankfully, you and I will never see it, but we sure are seeing plenty of Hints! lol
    William

Hi Again, Your sentiments are IMO a credit to you! I totally agree. But who, in any Goverment gives a sh-t about a bunch of nutters like us who only collect rubbish any way. You can just hear them, "these collectors are all right wing facists so who cares if they get ripped off?"
    Best wishes MR

During these present times of technology..trying to discern etched blades through photo images is a dead end street. Not just with bayonets but with all etched blades. Now i consider it a must that these type of blades must be inspected in hand,,and from those who are knowledgeable of the etching process. Anything else prior to this is just guessing,,and would not carry any weight in authenticity. I echo the sentiments of Wagriff also. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast