Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Dagger identification

Article about: Thank you very much for the help with my last dagger. These are items that I have been unable to find online that my grandfather passed down to me. This dagger here appears to have the same

Default Dagger identification

Thank you very much for the help with my last dagger. These are items that I have been unable to find online that my grandfather passed down to me. This dagger here appears to have the same emblem on it would it also be a red cross item and is it real?

Thanks
    Jason

Dagger identificationDagger identificationDagger identificationDagger identification

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dagger identification
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Dagger identification

thats a nice red cross hewer ! they were used as out in feild to saw!!send me a pm if you were interested in selling?

DRK mans hewer.

Good original item. See my thread here for more info:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...ns-hewer-1027/

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I really have no idea what this type of dagger is worth. But its something that was handed down to me and I will be hanging onto it. Thank you though. I appreciate you helping ID it.

Thanks

You hang onto them. Knowing who brought them home makes them special beyond price.

Cheers, Ad.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

There is no manufacture mark on this blade. Were some of them not marked?

The Red Cross hewer for other ranks is a fairly common edged weapon. I have never seen one with a maker's mark.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Hi Bob, there were only two known makers of these hewers. The blade tang is maker marked "PDL" for "P.D. Luneschloss" on my example. You have to obviously take off the grips to see this. Not advised to those without the correct size screwdriver. As always, don't mess is my advice.

The other maker is "Robert Klass", on these blade is marked behind the crossguard with the "Ges. Geschutz" patent protection mark.

Cheers, Ade.