Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Dagger - Well Made Fake or Something Rare?

Article about: I've never seen one of these daggers before. It looks well made so I'm wondering if it's possible that it is a rare dagger but generally I find that it's just a fake. Thoughts?

Haha wow. The clip on the chain is pretty suspicious. Well thanks everyone. Something seemed interesting about this one and I couldn't put my finger on it. It didn't seem as crappy as some other fakes I've encountered. I wonder if he will refund my $5,000. I kid I kid

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dagger - Well Made Fake or Something Rare?
    P
    Many

Quote by naptime View Post
    I wonder if he will refund my $5,000. I kid I kid
    I almost had my finger on the ban button
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

The sketchy and suspect pieces certainly make us stronger as a guild of collectors....Iron Sharpens Iron!!!

Quote by Larry C View Post
    I almost had my finger on the ban button
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

I spend an embarrassing amount of time trolling the Internet, classifieds, etc for wwii relics and I come across a lot of stuff for sale. I've only been collecting for a couple of years and have so much to learn. Some stuff is obvious how fake it is and the impeccable design and quality of authentic german items can't be denied.

This seller is asking $1,000 and swears it is original because someone swore to him it was. Hate to see people get screwed but it's avoidable if you are patient and ask the right questions.

?

Good stuff my friend! You are wise to do the homework and put in the time online, in books and in the forum. All great and your comment about being patient and asking questions is so true. Nice work! Catch you soon! Semper Fi

Rossi

I spend an embarrassing amount of time trolling the Internet, classifieds, etc for wwii relics and I come across a lot of stuff for sale. I've only been collecting for a couple of years and have so much to learn. Some stuff is obvious how fake it is and the impeccable design and quality of authentic german items can't be denied.

This seller is asking $1,000 and swears it is original because someone swore to him it was. Hate to see people get screwed but it's avoidable if you are patient and ask the right questions.

Thanks, Rossi. I visited your website to see your collection. I have a long way to go! Thanks for sharing it.

Quote by Rossi View Post
    The sketchy and suspect pieces certainly make us stronger as a guild of collectors....Iron Sharpens Iron!!!
    and also indicates the need for constant fellowship with one another. Im Honored to be in such great company as all of those who are here.

BTW @ Naptime your safe here..no worries about a ban..the forum would of beat you up instead,, if you spent that kind of money
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Humbled....Thanks for your comments. The web is really my display case. Grandpa and my stash. Really can attribute it to him. I am still learning at 46 years old too. This forum is new to me and the guys on here are good people and sure have welcomed even an older collector to the forum. We can all bring something to the table to protect the hobby and each other for sure.

Be well!

Thanks, Rossi. I visited your website to see your collection. I have a long way to go! Thanks for sharing it.

?

I like the way they create a new Frankenstein fantasy piece like this.....makes our job so much easier WHOA!!!!

Toss in a generic eagle, let it face the other side....makes it interesting, pick up a well known grip, toss in a Heer look alike scabbard and it will deliver a blenad of familiar things....most appeal a lot of blind collectors, or are these daggers made for the empty shell neo nazi clans?
    Depth doesnt matter, more is better, less is worse

i find them amusing...

Ger

The Scabbard on the first one looks like it is taken from a heer dagger, except the chain connector rings look different.
    The second dagger posted by Rossi looks like is has a scabbard taken from a goverment officials dagger.

Cheers,
    Jonas

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2