Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Daggers database

Article about: Hello to all: new here, I'd read the Nick's thread about army dagger database and decide to put my two cents on it: A C. Gustav Spitzer, I liked it very much, it's a pity but the blade has b

Default Daggers database

Hello to all: new here, I'd read the Nick's thread about army dagger database and decide to put my two cents on it: A C. Gustav Spitzer, I liked it very much, it's a pity but the blade has been polished, you can see on the logo surface. Cheers!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Daggers database
    P
    Many

Default Re: Daggers database

Ok gents Test time!!! Here is another thread with no replies,, what are everyones thoughts on Heer Dagger.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I'll have a go.

It looks to have the early type Spitzer logo and a very nice (and rare?) Pack type aluminium crossguard, but the pommel appears not to be made of the same alloy, is this unusual? Could it be a parts dagger or otherwise tampered with or did they come like this??

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

A little worn for my taste, but I like it. I'm guessing that
    the crossguard has been replaced to Re-Nazify
    this dagger.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Its a parts dagger, blade is attached later, so is the pommel , hahaha
    This dagger was posted on Wehrmachts awards in 2008
    having a non marked blade.
    Posted by....YES ...the same name: Nachomenorca:
    Need expert advice about an Army dagger - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

So Larry, he posted it twice on the internet, 1 with a unmarked blade and here with a Spitzer logo blade

Can i have the candy?

Cheers Ger

This is the original text on wehrmacht-awards:

Hai to all:

Recently I have aquired an Army dagger and need a 2nd opinion about it, the grip is made of plastic material, no mark on blade. Sorry about photo quality.
    TIA

army6 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2973633...n/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2973633...n/photostream/
    Daggers database

?

Case closed ! Well spotted Ger
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

LOL!! Well #1..its good to see that everyone is on top of the game,,and its refreshing to know also that memory has served well as this is a 5 yr old post from the WAF. Good memory.
    I have the same feelings as this is a parts dagger but I am reserved on the pommel not being authentic. Could be the photos or flash used. Regardless, I feel this is more of a put together,,recently. JMO.

And Gerrit....No you dont get candy...you get beer here ...sorry! Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by Larry C View Post

And Gerrit....No you dont get candy...you get beer here ...sorry! Regards Larry

That will be a case of Orangeboom then , i imagine
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

?

LOL, can i have a scotch please?
    Aberlouer 18YO double casket will do just fine

Alan i like the strong Belgium beer like Leffe, Brugge, Chouffe...

Cheers,
    Ger

Hi to all here! Gerrit is right about the first post, When I bought it (on the net) the photos provided by the seller doesn't show the maker mark because is so erased that I can't notice it, when the dagger ariives I discover the mark and makes new photos of it. Of course I didn't change nothing in it, is in the same condicition that when arrived home.

best regards

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast