Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Daggers RAD ?

Article about: Fake?

Default Daggers RAD ?

Fake?Daggers  RAD ?Daggers  RAD ?Daggers  RAD ?Daggers  RAD ?Daggers  RAD ?Daggers  RAD ?Daggers  RAD ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Daggers  RAD ?
    P
    Many

Hello Swinemunde68. I was taken back by the makers mark, eickhorn with the stamped word original in script overhead the typical eickhorn mark. But as per germandaggers.com reference section, it did indeed exist. I like the detail in the eagle head grip and cross guard rad symbol, as well as depth of motto etch. IMO its of period. But I feel the blade has had been sharpened/reshaped and scabbard looks overly clean/ over cleaned. But please wait for others opinions as I m no expert on edged weapons. I'll attach a link to the maker marks section credit to germandaggers.com. hope it helps a little? Best regards.

Maker Marks

Brian

?

As much as I collect and like to see Reichsarbeitdienst items... I really cannot say definitely thumbs up or down... Who am I kidding..... I will defer to Larry C. and others more knowledgeable in this field... Big Ned Also has many threads I believe... G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

I have seen this Eickhorn model in hand before. Believe this one you show is a repro. Here is my go at it. Can you provide a closer and clearer shot of it? Your scabbard wheat and scroll imaging with lines in scabbard metal seems thin to me and does not have the depth & quality I am used to seeing in Eickhorn's work. Can you also send a better picture up close of scabbard details? Looks as if it was cleaned pretty hard and that may be part of it. Your blade looks tough as if hogged hard and cleaned on motto and maker's mark a bit but could be pictures. I am not crazy about the top curve of SPATEN or the detail as well. When I blow up the pic of yours it almost looks like there is another lower ridge of metal around SPATEN peak unless my eyes are going. Not as clean of edge and rough on the spaten than maybe normal. Here is a picture of one in not such great plating condition to compare with. See what others come back with as well. I may be over analyzing but I am 50 / 50 right now on it until we see more detailed close ups. Having it in hand is really best way to know and make an assessment. See if more pictures will help. Think this one is no good.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Daggers  RAD ?   Daggers  RAD ?  

Daggers  RAD ?   Daggers  RAD ?  

Last edited by Rossi; 09-12-2016 at 06:03 PM.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

New pictures can help

New pictures can help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Daggers  RAD ?   Daggers  RAD ?  

Daggers  RAD ?  

?

Great pictures. I personally am not liking the pitting in hanger loops, some of the casting pits just don't look good in spaten and other areas on scabbard. The hilt, handle and eagle's head looks pretty good to me. The scabbard and blade seem to have had a scrubbing and work done to them. Overall it seems like the tale of two daggers. From the crossguard up to eagles head I like it but from the RAD spaten down, to the blade and scabbard has issues with details. Still trying to figure out the curved excess metal around the top of spaten as a ridge. Those are my assessments for what they are worth. Maybe I am being too hard on it but not comfortable with what I am seeing. I have seen other Eickhorn's that have such pristine details that this one puzzles me. It is not one for me and I am more inclined that it is a repro after seeing closer pics.

Another thread from awhile back. See what Larry, Ger & Big Ned think as well as the others

RAD Officer dagger.
    Last edited by Rossi; 09-07-2016 at 09:20 PM.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

photo

photo

Daggers  RAD ?  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast