Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Daggers RAD ?

Article about: Fake?

colleague cost 300 eu

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Daggers  RAD ?
    P
    Many

I have to say that I am not liking this piece. It exhibits unusually high wear-such as on the sheath tip and the eagle's head(look at the outline of the mouth, for example) that would require a plausible explanation. The tang beneath the grip panels shows a crude cast-like appearance that I have never encountered before either. These were fairly high class hewers and were not for the run of the mill RAD men. Just looking at the motto, it is badly done with crude rough edges under magnification.
    There is just too much wear and casting pitting everywhere on this dagger for an easy explanation. I would not feel well having this piece in my collection.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I would not buy it.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I stand corrected...Hewers and other Daggers / Swords are not my forte.. I would have been fooled by this piece myself... Thank goodness for the keen eye of others that have better knowledge on such matters..
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

This hewer shows a Eickhorn example. Problem is Eickhorn scabbard hanger loops are always square on top, and I have never seen a Eickhorn example with a blade buffer. Besides, everything else with this one shows that it is a complete post-war reproduction.
    As usual, wagriff's got a good eye, so does Adrian.

-wagner-

?

Quote by wagner View Post
    This hewer shows a Eickhorn example. Problem is Eickhorn scabbard hanger loops are always square on top, and I have never seen a Eickhorn example with a blade buffer. Besides, everything else with this one shows that it is a complete post-war reproduction.
    As usual, wagriff's got a good eye, so does Adrian.

-wagner-
    Good call everyone and Wagner! Not a good one!
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2