Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Deep Sea Diver's Knife

Article about: More pictures here A few days ago new stuff came in. I just wanted to show u our new Knife Deep Sea Diver's Knife. RARE. Measuring 347 mm in length, with the tube style scabbard on, this kni

Default Deep Sea Diver's Knife

More pictures here

A few days ago new stuff came in.
    I just wanted to show u our new Knife

Deep Sea Diver's Knife. RARE. Measuring 347 mm in length, with the tube style scabbard on, this knife features an exceptionally smooth 210 mm sharpened nickel-plated steel blade, in mint condition, with a very sharp edge and an extremely sharp tip. It simply doesn’t get better than this. It is maker marked on the ricasso WKC (Weyersberg, Kirschbaum & Co), with the company knight crest above on one side and stamped "AUG. LUNEBERG KIEL" on the other. The butt plate is threaded, to allow screwing on of the scabbard, for a watertight seal. There are two hallmarks on the crossguard. The entire hilt and grip are solid brass with a distinctively authentic tarnished period look. The grip has eleven rows of rings and is narrower at the guard end versus being wider at the pommel end. The tube style scabbard is also brass, threaded at the throat to accommodate the screwing in of the knife and comes with a u-shaped loop for belt attachment. Minor wear on the brass work. Overall, in near mint condition.

So what would you say about the value?
    Available on Emedals

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deep Sea Diver's Knife
    P
    Many

Default Re: Deep Sea Diver's Knife

Nice piece, but probably not 3rd reich. There's no eagle/swaz stamp on it. Paul at Lakesidetrader has something similar for sale.

Lakesidetrader German Dagger & Military Collectable Site

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Do not like ...

Quote by Reibert View Post
    Do not like ...
    Please clarify your comment as we need reasons that back up your statement.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Oustanding dsd knife...
    It must be rare...The cond. is great...
    Regards, Thanos.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Please clarify your comment as we need reasons that back up your statement.
    The blade looks infused with plumb or even welded in the handle;
    usually the grooves in the grip are corrugated;
    the blade looks too slim and shows an uncommon performed tip of such pattern knives, also the finish looks odd to me;
    the trade mark is the traders commercial mark, unusual to find it on the blade of an "official" Army issued knife;

the worst is the Austrian, (Kuk), stamps upon the handle !
    The Austrian eagle holds the sword and the imperial orb in his claws on the false side and I do not like the hungarian marking also.
    BTW, I never ever saw the Austrian in common with the hungarian acceptance mark on blades ! ...

As I wrote before, I do not like this one !

Quote by Reibert View Post
    The blade looks infused with plumb or even welded in the handle;
    usually the grooves in the grip are corrugated;
    the blade looks too slim and shows an uncommon performed tip of such pattern knives, also the finish looks odd to me;
    the trade mark is the traders commercial mark, unusual to find it on the blade of an "official" Army issued knife;

the worst is the Austrian, (Kuk), stamps upon the handle !
    The Austrian eagle holds the sword and the imperial orb in his claws on the false side and I do not like the hungarian marking also.
    BTW, I never ever saw the Austrian in common with the hungarian acceptance mark on blades ! ...

As I wrote before, I do not like this one !
    Whilst I can't add anything to my initial thoughts, you raise some very interesting points Reibert, thankyou!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Mistakenly I wrote "traders commercial mark" ...

Off course I meant "makers commercial mark" , Sorry ´bout that !

Quote by Noel Cameron Miller View Post
    A few days ago new stuff came in.
    I just wanted to show u our new Knife

Deep Sea Diver's Knife. RARE. Measuring 347 mm in length ....................................... Overall, in near mint condition.

So what would you say about the value?
    For what is supposed to be an Austro-Hungarian Empire era diver's knife the blade has a surprisingly modern appearance (at least IMO). That does seem to have been crudely soldered (?) in place. So when I followed up on the link to see if I find some better images, I saw the same description. But it looked to me like it was for sale for $ 2,800 USD. So it would seem to me that the seller already has some idea as to what he is asking for the knife. FP

bullie
    ?

heres mine but different marks any ideas