Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Deutchland Erwache Pocket knife??

Article about: \\$900.- and this one could be yours.

Quote by Larry C View Post
    I see a Boyscout salute with 3 fingers..with the pinky finger tucked in.
    Larry, I will "see" your 3 finger salute - and raise the bid to rolled up sleeves, no (long leg) pants and knee high socks. Best regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutchland Erwache Pocket knife??  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutchland Erwache Pocket knife??
    P
    Many

A wise man told me years ago that you could "put a Swastika on a horse-turd and someone will buy it"...

cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 08-08-2013 at 02:06 AM.

Surely this has to be a typo in price
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Default meat is meat, and a man must eat

Quote by ajax3985 View Post
    If you look in the photo of all the knives that pare post war only one has rivets and none are constructed in this manner...... But I am sure you can prove its fake with documentation other than the fact that it is not cataloged?.
    What can be asserted without proof, can just as easily be dismissed without proof. If it is now up to us, to "prove" that it is fake - using documentation - etc... as you state, then the same must surely apply to any seller of these? that they, must, prove through documentation, etc.. that it is genuine?

If we were to judge the item purely on what we see, and not on what we know - we have:
    Adolf Hitler, standing on a spade-shaped "something-or-other" that shows the 1923-1932 slogan DEUTSCHLAND ERWACHE!
    Holding onto a tattered flag, performing (what looks like) the sacramentum on himself. (The 3 fingered Fahneneid, or Hitler schwur)
    Or, he is just performing his usual Hitler-Gruß with semi-raised right hand.

As far as comments about rivets go, you will surely have based this comment on facts? or is it based solely on a quick internet-image-comparison, rounded off by what you personally feel you should see?

Once more, i encourage you to hop onto a forum where the individuals there actually collect this stuff, study this stuff, and know exactly what they are talking about. Dont service your car at a bakery, go to a garage. Same here.. us giving our 5 cents on this thread is going to solve nothing, we first need a bit of factual meat on the ribs - anything else claimed or said without meat, is simply a personal opinion, and must stay that way until some meat is seen.

Quote by Metallwarenfabrik View Post
    What can be asserted without proof, can just as easily be dismissed without proof. If it is now up to us, to "prove" that it is fake - using documentation - etc... as you state, then the same must surely apply to any seller of these? that they, must, prove through documentation, etc.. that it is genuine?

If we were to judge the item purely on what we see, and not on what we know - we have:
    Adolf Hitler, standing on a spade-shaped "something-or-other" that shows the 1923-1932 slogan DEUTSCHLAND ERWACHE!
    Holding onto a tattered flag, performing (what looks like) the sacramentum on himself. (The 3 fingered Fahneneid, or Hitler schwur)
    Or, he is just performing his usual Hitler-Gruß with semi-raised right hand.

As far as comments about rivets go, you will surely have based this comment on facts? or is it based solely on a quick internet-image-comparison, rounded off by what you personally feel you should see?

Once more, i encourage you to hop onto a forum where the individuals there actually collect this stuff, study this stuff, and know exactly what they are talking about. Dont service your car at a bakery, go to a garage. Same here.. us giving our 5 cents on this thread is going to solve nothing, we first need a bit of factual meat on the ribs - anything else claimed or said without meat, is simply a personal opinion, and must stay that way until some meat is seen.

+1

Agreed MWfabrik....wise words of truth..but included with that are other words of wisdom... "believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see". Rarities do end up coming out of the cracks in the wall as what was seen on a thread in the SS forum concerning foreign SS cuff titles. Little pieces of the puzzle as stated do come to light.
    I am curious though..as the reason why we dont see enough of these "pen knives " laying on exhibition tables at these shows..or maybe its me that has not seen them..especially the Hitler pen knives and the DJ parteitag knives. This is a great topic of discussion and i would like to see it continue....we have seen the mintiest of Mint daggers on this forum..thanks to a few gents here..which are hard to believe they existed in the condition they are in now....but all are true in regards to authenticity...the production materials and process that are required to be seen by the collector.
    It would be encouraging to read here on this forum any of the top dealers or collectors reading this thread would care to comment on such a pen knife..or as the reason why we dont see them at shows..this questions is not primarily focused on just dealers but the community as a whole. Those who have replied so far...is commendable..but the more info we can get the more the truth comes to light..which will decide if its junk or not. My job is to keep this forum going "here',,,,, but let the hunt for truth begin on the link you have provided..bringing back the prize here to be shared with this community. Great topic lets keep it going!! Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I don't really study these, my comments as I wrote initially were that this was not a typical fake. So yes I was using my eyes but had no interest in buying the item and just noticed that the process in which this was done was one that I had not seen used or remember seeing on any other occasion. For my interest its something new and if its fake than its fake an I will notice it in the future. There are certainly some flags to my eyes that would keep me off the piece if I saw it, now I would expect to see more and maybe some similar pop up.

In the end I was just looking at the piece with no opinion other than I did not like it, but never saw it done this way.

Quote by ajax3985 View Post
    I don't really study these, ...
    Neither do i, at all. Certainly does not look like typical "German" handarbeit though, nor does it even remotely resemble any of the old & original HUGO KÖLLER pocketknives found on a brief search on ye olde Google - in either material, quality or logo. But those who have studied these, will know more. There may even be an explanation for all the bad points ..
    Deutchland Erwache Pocket knife??Deutchland Erwache Pocket knife??

Check the spelling of "Solingen" on the white grip pocket knife "SOLINSEN" .........................DAVE H

Quote by SADolch View Post
    Check the spelling of "Solingen" on the white grip pocket knife "SOLINSEN" .........................DAVE H
    There is certainly heavy use across the logo, looks like after it was stamped with the name, it needed to be ground down a bit to make it open and close in it`s fancy handle.. typical really, and can be observed on all pocketknives

Another explanation could be that the owner was clever, and preserved the mint condition by using only the thick logo part to cut and chop.. hence all the wear being there - makes sense as well.
    I am beginning to like this knife.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast