Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

diplomatic fake ??

Article about: i think fake but need to make sure

Default diplomatic fake ??

i think fake but need to make surediplomatic  fake ??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement diplomatic  fake ??
    P
    Many

Anymore than that one pic Kev?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default diplomatic fake ??

diplomatic  fake ??diplomatic  fake ??diplomatic  fake ??diplomatic  fake ??diplomatic  fake ??

A good comparison can be found with other diplomat eagles feet. Can we see a spanner but photo? As one of the pearl grip plates looks ajar at the lower part of the grip. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Default diplomatic fake

diplomatic  fake ??

One question has been answered so far about the grip plates.... Looking at the spanner nut which does not match the rest if the patina seen on the top of the eagle head. Not a virgin piece. Once one of these are opened the grip plates never do early fit back in the same position. I feel some parts of this dagger is good..and I would like to hear other opinions. Comparison still nerds to be seen on the crossguard with other examples. Kevin you have been with the forum now going on 5 yrs... So hopefully you can do some leg work also. Spanner nut IMO does not belong to this dagger...also leaves other thoughts if what else is going in with this dagger. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I have a rather good feeling about this dagger. It is however a Government Officials dagger, not a Diplomatic. There is a dramatic difference in price between the two models.
    Attached is a comparison photo to my dagger, a known original. The angle at which the photos are taken are slightly different, causing some distortion in the dagger in question, but similarities are obvious. The borders/lines are hand chased, so some differences can be expected.
    As Larry mentioned, this dagger has been taken apart, likely several times. This is common, as many collectors want to ensure the internal numbering is correct. Unfortunately this results in ill fitting components when the reassembly is done by inexperienced hands. In this case it also resulted in a small chip to the top of the grip plate on the obverse side.
    I hope this comparison is of some help.

Wolfgang

diplomatic  fake ??